View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Cannot reopen an activity if the either of the planned start or end dates are blank - ProjeQtOr

Cannot reopen an activity if the either of the planned start or end dates are blank

More
04 Mar 2015 11:28 #1 by IC_PRQA
Just upgraded to ProjeQtOr 4.5.5
Cannot reopen an activity if the either of the planned start or end dates are blank

The checks are completed as it tries to re-open rather than when an update occurs.
This is causing problems that are stopping me from moving activities that have been completed from one project to another.

Have tried the Store Planned dates option which is new. Put that to Always and If empty
It works when the dates are available. Not of much help for me as many of the dates are blank

Note the Real Dates are always available on my system

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2015 14:21 #2 by babynus

Cannot reproduce.
Could you explain please step by step test case, and issue that brocks you from reopening ?

The checks are completed as it tries to re-open rather than when an update occurs.

And ? What is the issue ?

This is causing problems that are stopping me from moving activities that have been completed from one project to another.

I have no issue.
I can re-open. Save. Change project. Save. Re-close. Save.
All works fine for me.
Could you please reproduce on demo ?

Have tried the Store Planned dates option which is new. Put that to Always and If empty
It works when the dates are available. Not of much help for me as many of the dates are blank

This option copies planned dates to validated dates and requested dates. They have no impact on planned dates.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
05 Mar 2015 09:58 #3 by IC_PRQA
The activity is closed and the information is as follows:
requested validated assigned planned real
start date blank 04/02/2015
end date blank 18/02/2015

When trying to reopen the message start date and end date cannot be blank is shown. The activity cannot be reopened

Similarly if the activity is closed and the information is as follows:
end date 19/02/2015 18/02/2015

or
Similarly if the activity is closed and the information is as follows:
start date 03/02/2015 04/02/2015

if the planned start date and end date are valid and have a date in it then the option in the "Store planned dates into requested and validated dates" copies the planned dates across and the activity can be reopened.

I have no idea why the planned dates are not populated with dates and some are left blank. But it occurs.
Just need a change to allow the activity to be re-opened.

More
05 Mar 2015 18:35 #4 by babynus

the message start date and end date cannot be blank

This message is not referenced anywhere in PropjeQtOr, please provide exact massage (possibly print screen)

The activity is closed and the information is as follows:

Without formating, it is hard to understand. Please provide print screen.

I have no idea why the planned dates are not populated with dates and some are left blank

I have : if you don't run planning calculation before closing activity.

I really cannot reproduce issue and have no hint why it happens.
Please provide print screen or, better, use case in Demo.

Babynus

More
06 Mar 2015 08:58 #5 by IC_PRQA
Please find attached the failure to reopen message and screen showing the empty Planned Dates
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2015 20:38 #6 by babynus
Hi,

Issue is that you have an activity with planning mode "regular in half days" and you did not set "Validated start" and "Validated end".
As these two dates are mandatory for this planning mode, you cannot do anything in this item before fixing this, so cannot change its status.

It seems you faced issue #1558 that existed on V4.4, fixed only in V4.5 : when save planned dates into validated, blank pla,,ed dates were overwriting existing validated dates.
So now, only solution is to update database so that you can re-open your activity : just set validated dates to real dates for closed activities.
Something like :
update planningelement set validatedStartDate=realStartDate, validatedEndDate=realEndDate
WHERE idle=1 and validatedStartDate is null and validatedEndDate is null and realStartDate is not null and realEndDate is not null and idPlanningMode in (2,3,7);
Not tested, so use with care (save database before)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.