View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - requested and validated dates disappeared - ProjeQtOr

requested and validated dates disappeared

More
26 Nov 2014 17:42 #1 by BasGobets
Last monday I made some minor changes to my (extensive) planning, and when I recalculated the planning almost all of my tasks were replanned with a 1 day length. (which created a mess)
When I checked it turned out that of all these tasks the fields of requested and validated start/end dates were empty (therefore they were planned as one-day tasks)
In the change history I could see that these tasks did use to have these dates specified.
The change history did not show that these dates had been removed.

Since my planning had been completely ruined by this, I restored a recent backup of my MySQL database.
It turned out that also this one had empty validated start/end dates, but the planning dates were still ok. This suggests that the validates start/end dates have disappeared after my last recalculation of the planning.

I managed to restrict the damage by using the restored MySQL data, and click "store planned dates into requested and validated -button" before I did any recalculations.
Although my planning seems to be saved by this, this has made me a bit nervous.
Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
The topic has been locked.
More
26 Nov 2014 18:35 - 26 Nov 2014 18:36 #2 by babynus
There is an issue on V4.5.0 which erases validated duration when validated start date and validated end date are not set.
www.projeqtor.org/fr/forum-fr/5-ask-ques...th-4-5-0-ticket-1619

But I never faced issue deleting validated dates.
If you find a way to reproduce such issue, please post it here.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 26 Nov 2014 18:36 by babynus.
More
26 Nov 2014 20:32 #3 by BasGobets
Hi Babynus,

thanks for your quick reply

This could actually be the same thing.
Looking better now I see that there is a change of initial and validated durations from "a certain value" into "empty" in the change history.
And these were probably all tasks that were defined as starting after a certain predecessor task.
I will implement the changes.
Quite a nasty bug, though, could cause you to lose a lot of work. Maybe it would be a good idea to release a bug-fix for this one
More
26 Nov 2014 21:30 #4 by babynus
Patch is on its way ;)

Babynus
More
26 Nov 2014 22:34 #5 by babynus
Patch V4.5.1 is deployed

Babynus
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.