View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Copy user screen configuration - ProjeQtOr

Copy user screen configuration

More
01 Oct 2014 13:50 #1 by francis2301
Hi,
I'd like to know how can I copy user screen configurations from one user to another or define the standard columns for each screen (via projeqtor, configuration file or via database updates).
PS: I would like to modify projeqtor source code, so I wouldn't have to redo the work after a update.

An example of what I want is:
Let's say user "John Doe" project screen has the following columns (name and column size):
ID (5), project name(20), sponsor(15), status(10), progress(5), start date(15), end date(15), project manager(15)

I'd like to set up all user screen the same way (without having to enter in each user login and configure each screen manually).

The same example above would apply for other screens (issues, risks, meetings, requirements, etc.).

My question is related to the fact that I wanna rollout projeqtor to lots of users, but wanna supply a standard view, according to the fields that were are going to use.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
The topic has been locked.
More
02 Oct 2014 08:50 - 02 Oct 2014 08:55 #2 by protion
There is one thing about it is that if you made a change to the source code, you will have to redo each update !!!!!!

www.projeqtor.org/index.php/fr/services-fr/evolutions-fr
Il y a une chose de sur, c'est que si tu fait une modification du code source, il te faudra la refaire a chaque mise a jour !!!!!!

www.projeqtor.org/index.php/fr/services-fr/evolutions-fr
Last edit: 02 Oct 2014 08:55 by protion.
More
02 Oct 2014 13:40 #3 by francis2301
ups... correcting my sentence in the first post

PS: I would NOT like to modify projeqtor source code, so I wouldn't have to redo the work after a update.

Sorry for my mistake :oops:
More
02 Oct 2014 14:14 #4 by babynus
One way is to update code to change $layout to fit your need.
But this would have to be done on each upgrade.

Another way is to update data table "columnselector".
Delete all lines except for 1 user (the one with expected display). Lets call it USER1
For each other user (USERX), copy data of USER1 into new lines changing idUser to USERX.
You'll get wht you expect and it will be preserved on upgrade.
But this will not work for new users (they won't get expected display until you copy lines of "columnselector" for them.
This will also not prohib users from changing their own display afterwards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: francis2301
More
24 Oct 2014 13:13 #5 by francis2301
Hi,
I just saw that there is the ticket ID 1407 (Copy profile : also copy habilitations).
By copying habilitations, is it included screen configurations? If not, would it be possible to give the user the option to also copy the screen configuration?
Kind regards.
More
28 Oct 2014 12:52 #6 by babynus
Yes, habilitation will include all screen access configuration, acces mode to data and scpécific access mode.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: francis2301
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.