View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Revenue handling on Activities - ProjeQtOr

Revenue handling on Activities

More
02 Sep 2021 16:12 #1 by caccia
Hello,

I am trying to get our users started on handling Revenue in Projeqtor activities - you guys have done a terrific job with that, and this will be a great step forward ! :)

There are two questions / issues I see in the link between a Customer Order and the Activities associated.

1) I would expect that once I've received a Customer Order, I initialize the corresponding Activities in my planning, so that the team can start work.
I am surprised that I have to wait until the work is completed before attaching the Order to my Activity : if I do add the reference to Order, then the work appears as 'done' , even if the Activity is still "in progress".

Is there a better way of doing things ? 
How do you consolidate work ordered by the customer compared to the Activities in the planning, if you don't add this link at Activity creation ? 

2) To work around this, I tried anticipating the Planning phase : I create an Activity which I can plan based on technical inputs, and I'll assign resources and work based on the estimations.  
Once the work corresponding to a Work Unit is completed, I add the link to the Customer Order in the Activity's Revenue section.
Now the Customer Order shows the "done" amount as expected.
However in the Activity, the assigned work is automatically updated (and also "left work") to match the completed work. But I've now lost the revised left work that the team had saved.

Ideas : 
a) For item (1), perhaps it would be more relevant to only mark an amount as "done" in the Customer Order once the linked Activity is set to "done".
b) For (2), it makes sense I think that 'validated work' is updated on an Activity based on the linked Order. But automatically modifying the Assigned and Left Work seems counter-intuitive to me. Could this behaviour be controlled by a Global Parameter ?

Again, great job on continuing to improve this tool !! 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2021 11:08 #2 by babynus
1) The done value doesn't mind about status of activities.
In fact it is rather a "used" value.
It means you have a bucket of WU, and you "use" them on activites.

2) No, the idea is that you link the activity when client validates the activity to be done, then when the activity is done you "bill" the corresponding work units.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
09 Sep 2021 15:16 #3 by caccia
Thanks, that clarifies it. :)

Maybe for clarity we could rename the "done" column to something else ? ("used" / "launched" or other)

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.