View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Side effect in granting access rights ? - ProjeQtOr

Side effect in granting access rights ?

More
19 Jan 2022 14:12 #1 by bgenolini
Hello,

I think I have noticed a side effect in granting acces rights (as an admin). I explain here what we observed.

We wanted to have two project leader profiles: one with restrited access, i.e. without financial issues, the other with financial issues. We chose to restrict the visibility to the orginal project leader profile, and created a "Chef de projet Fin." profile. We worked on the various access rights screens, and also with the screen personnalization plug-in.
However, when we disable the acces to the costs for the standard project leader in the "specific accces/ visibility on charges and costs" section, it does affect the "Chef de projet Fin." only for the activity screen (that does not see the costs), but not the project screen. We solved this by granting the right to the standard project leader profile, and hiding it with the screen personnalization plug-in according to the profile. By the way, this plug-in is very powerful.

This  is not a big issue. Since we tested it in our demo/sandbox version, possibly would it be wiser to grant the full rights to the standard project leader profile, and create a "padawan" project leader profile with restricted accesses.

Since we begin in the admnistration, I am afraid we missed something. However, we tried several configurations before reaching our conclusion on a possible side-effect.

We work with version 9.3.5.

Thanks in advance.

Bernard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2022 12:57 - 22 Jan 2022 12:58 #2 by babynus
Hi,
This may be an issue on control on work & cost visibility.
We used to fix such issue on global rights management that was wrong because for project rights were calculated from parent poject, not for current project.
Ticket #5964 recorded.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 22 Jan 2022 12:58 by babynus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.