View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Remenber Login and password on home page / Ticket #1637 - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Remenber Login and password on home page / Ticket #1637

More
07 Jan 2015 16:24 - 16 Jan 2015 09:19 #1 by vporcelli
Hi Babilus,

and happy new year !

I looked in forum but didn't find any answer which match with my problem.
When i open a new browser and go to Projeqtor homepage, i always must fill in my login/password, even if i click on "remember me"
With Firefox, i have to click before in password field and then double-click in login field, to see all my users login used in past. if i select one of them, password will be fill in automatically. Problem of javascript event ?
The same operation doesn't work with chrome : impossible to call back login/password ?
it's quite boring because we are many users in my company and have to fill in several times a day
Thanks for your answer.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2015 09:19 by protion.
The topic has been locked.
More
07 Jan 2015 17:08 #2 by babynus
Hi,

Retrieving the list of users is a FireFox functionality, not an effect of "remember me" checkbox.
That's why it doesn't work with Chrome.

The "remember me" function just connects you directly without prompting the login screen.
But to work ,you must not disconnect when quitting ProjeQtOr : you must just close browser or tab.
When you disconnect, you automatically return to login screen to be able to reconnect as other user, loosing"remeber me" effect.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
More
07 Jan 2015 17:41 #3 by vporcelli
Babynus,

With other softwares, i am able to call back login/passwords used, with Firefox or Chrome when i double-click in login field
Why doesn't it work with Projeqtor ?

Using "Remember me" could help me but it doesn't work :( : when i close my browser, a popup ask me to confirm to leave this page or not and when i reopen it, it ask me for fill in login/paword on again.

I'm sorry to insist but it's important for my team (and my boss :) )
More
07 Jan 2015 17:56 #4 by babynus
Hi,

The remembering of login and paswords are browser functionalities.
Hare a look at this article, it may help : computertutorflorida.com/2013/03/force-y...our-site-login-info/.

About "Remeber Me", all works well on my side, with Chrome and FireFox.
Just check you don't have option on your browser to clean cookies when closing tab.

Babynus
More
08 Jan 2015 09:56 #5 by vporcelli
Hi,

I'm ok with you, "Remember Me", works well if i close tab but not if i close my browser (the PHP session is destroyed). So it doesn't suit me.

The solution could be with the remembering of login and passwords with browser functionalities.

I checked all options for remembering of login and passwords on my browsers, it's ok and i can see login/password for projeqtor.

A idea ? :

If i delete login and password in browser confidentiality parameters and fill in my login and password (as a the first connexion to Projeqtor), the browser doesn't ask me for register them in the browser (it does it for other softwares) but they are nevertheless registered in browser (i can see them in browser confidentiality parameters)

Thanks.
More
10 Jan 2015 11:02 #6 by babynus
Hi,

I'm ok with you, "Remember Me", works well if i close tab but not if i close my browser (the PHP session is destroyed). So it doesn't suit me.

The Remeber Me function has nothing to do with the PHP session (otherwise it would have no interest)
Behavior you describe is exectly what happens "when you don't check remeber me checkbox".
Pay attention that for security reason, this checkbox is not checked by default and is not is the form input fileds : this means that when you are on password and hit [Tab] key, you are on "OK" button, the check is skipped. This is to force you to volountarily check the checkbox with the mouse.

I just tested again remember me function, and it really works as desired : if login with function checked, you'll get these behaviours depending on your actions
- close tab, don't close browser : when accessing again, you retrieve previous session (can check in audit), Remember Me function is not used.
- close browser : when accessing again, you are automatically reconnected but under an brand new PHP session
- click disconnect button : you instantly return to login page, rember me is lost (it is to give possibility to reconnect as another user)
I tested this with success under 3 browsers :
- Chrome 39
- IE 11
- FireFox 34

So the issue you're facing is probalby due to browser parameters : it is possible to have the browser "clean" all cache when closing.
This would erase Remember Me cookie (once again, this cookie is not linked to session cookie).
Check cookies on your browser. You must have "PHPSESID", which expired with navigation session, and "projeqtor" which expires 7 days after your last connection.

About password storage : it works fine with IE and FireFox, with the behavior you expect : when clicking on login field, list is displayed, and selection automatically fills the password.
On Chrome, automatic password does not work. I suspect it is because Login and Password fields don't have a name, just an id (this is a security constraint).

Regards.

Babynus
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.