View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Two identical copies of Projeqtor but different results ! - ProjeQtOr

Two identical copies of Projeqtor but different results !

More
31 Jul 2014 10:35 - 31 Jul 2014 10:37 #1 by Jean-Luc
I'm working on a lot of adaptations on Projeqtor on my pêrsonal PC, and yesterday I installed an exact copy on the server in my company, following theses steps :

1. Installed Projeqtor 4.3.2 as new.
2. Ensure all is O.K.
3. Replaced data with real data running pure sql import from export (tables were dropped and re-created then filled) via phpmyadmin. As i I restored with a safeguard.
4. Without renetering in Projeqtor, replaced Projeqtor modules with customized ones.
5. Ensure all seems O.K.
… but a strange thing occurs : when displaying a client, no projet nor any contacts appear (on my PC, they display O.K.)
Verifying in contacts and project, links are there.
When pop-up on client from one of its contacts, the whole data are displayed, including project and contacts.
All authorizations and owner on files are O.K.

Normally, the two installations are exact copies from one to the other. Even the OS is almost identical (Ubuntu 14.04 on server, Linux Mint 17 – based on Ubuntu 14.04 – on mine), including php, mysql, etc. versions.

As my personal work place and my company place are at 50 km one from other and no remote access on the server is possible (for security reasons), I can’t give more infos.
I didn’t investigate yesterday because I thought that could be an unseen error in an adaptation from last days. But obviously it is not the case.

Copying as I did could give some differences in operating ?
Last edit: 31 Jul 2014 10:37 by Jean-Luc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2014 15:26 #2 by babynus
Possibly the two databases do not implement same encoding.
If is possible that phpMyAdmin then integrates non unicode chars with strange caracters that will produce bad result with some functions.
Check that export in UTF8.
Check that you import with UTF-8 option.
Check that fields are correcly imported in database (dearch for accentuated chars for instance).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Jul 2014 15:44 #3 by Jean-Luc
All is UTF-8.
The two computers have been entirely mounted by myself (including physical assembly of physical components with screwdriver ;) ) and installed with a Linux 2014 version.
UTF-8 has naturally been defaulted everywhere. It's Linux, not Windows !

Data have been exported from UTF-8 mysql base to antother UTF-8 mysql base via an UTF-8 text file.
All data displayed are totally O.K. on any screen (included characters beyond U0x2000 in some notes ! ;) )

The only problem is that some linked data (by internal numeric reference, so anyway UTF8 has no role) are ignored on main display. Something do as if they were not found. But only on normal display. On pop-up display for client via magnifier button from elsewhere (p.e. contact), all data come well.

Amazing, no ?

More
31 Jul 2014 16:04 #4 by babynus
Any error in log file or in browser console ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Jul 2014 16:43 #5 by Jean-Luc
The only error was after copying customized files : database user was wrong (name and pw not identical on my PC and the server), but after change all ran perfect… except the reason of this topic.

Have a look on log is a good idea.
Unfortunately I’m not on site today nor tomorrow, and nobody there has technical competences to access log files. It seems that I have to wait until my next pass in agency. Next week, thus…

More
07 Aug 2014 17:03 #6 by Jean-Luc
As said in topic « Error in log since migrated to V4.4 », the problem has vanished with upgrade from V4.3.2 to V4.4!

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.