View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - planning test session - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

planning test session

More
30 Jan 2015 09:11 #7 by badgamme
Replied by badgamme on topic planning test session
I always replan all projects (by choosing "blank" project in the list before submiting planification).
My goal is to put all projects with their dead-lines, all ressources affected to those projects and to see where ressources have more than 100% of work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2015 13:15 #8 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic planning test session
What is your profile (access rights) ?
If you are Project Manager (or equivalent access rights), you can plan only projects you are affected to.
So planning "all project" will have no impact on projects you are not affected to (as expected), and resource planned work on these project will not be changed.

Could you try and reproduce your use case in the Demo so that I can have a look ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
30 Jan 2015 18:24 #9 by badgamme
I'm always doing this kind of work with admin rights ;)
I set an example on your demo site (Badgamme's project) but it's difficult to set the same activities for the 14 projects & 10 ressources I have to manage !

Anyway, you can see end-date are not respected (difference between validated and planned date).

Thank you for your help.

More
30 Jan 2015 19:17 #10 by babynus
In your example, A, B and C are all assigned 5 days to TS1 at 30%.
So they can work no more than 0.3 each day on TS1, and this leads to minimum duration of 17 open days.
This cannot be done from 13/02 to 06/03 (only 16 open days), and minimum end date is 09/03.
B and C ends work on TS1 on ... 09/03 : completely correct.
A ends works on TS1 on ... 13/03, which is 4 days after expected target. If you look at his planned work, you can see he is busy on 17/02, 24/02, 04/03 and 06/03 on another project, for 0,8 (and his capacity is 0,8 so he has no more availability).

So planning calculation is completely correct.
If you want to respect fixed duration (as log as possible) try and set assignment rate at 100% on the task.
The work will be dispatched as best as possible, with possibly more than 0.3 some days.

Babynus

More
02 Feb 2015 17:49 #11 by badgamme
Thanks Babynus,
As I said, the example is much more simplier than reality.
The problem is that the planification did not respect priority of tasks. If I tell my ressources to work 100% on each test session with a low priority of 100 ... they are still planned after tasks created with a priority of 300.

More
02 Feb 2015 21:11 #12 by babynus
Hi,

I cannot find a case where planning priority is not respoected.

If you can set an example in the demo, please do !
(for instance with new project and new resources).

Really, take care of most important rule : if resource are shared on several projects and you don't plan all project together, exiting planning slots will not be moved, whatever the priority.
This is very important because your planning should not change planning on other project.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.