View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Softaculous installing P7.2.5 ends in endless loop at login page - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Softaculous installing P7.2.5 ends in endless loop at login page

More
24 Oct 2018 22:21 #1 by Amema
I have searched a solution in the forum, but nothing seems to match. It really irks me, because ProjeQtOr seems to be what we need.

I have installed P without issue on our ordinary web host. It seems to work, even though their PHP memory is set to 96M and we have to pay a blasphemous surcharge for them to raise it. So I'm testing one of the slightly cheaper alternative hosts which, as an added bonus, uses cPanel (and Softaculous). These guys let you raise PHP memory to 512 M, no questions asked, but P won't install at their server, even though the environment looks better on paper.

I've changed all the settings I could find. max_input_var to 8000 and memory_limit to 512MB. Register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc are unknown, but I've asked web host support about it. Our account is so cheap I don't expect them to actually do anything though.

After having changed said settings, I no longer receive error messages during Softaculous installation of P. All seems well. But neither of the login pages linked to at install ending, works as expected. A circling icon tries to convince me something is happening even though nothing continues to do so for minutes, and even an hour while I had something to eat.

Doing a manual installation, I get stuck on the setup page. After editing credentials, OK-ing it makes the page jolt slightly, but nothing much happens. Still hoping host support have something to add.

If I have understood things correctly, the main issue with raising PHP-memory is that pdf export needs it, but that is possible to evade by using Print and then selecting pdf instead. So it's not a game-stopper.

We will be around 10-15-20 people using P mainly to keep tabs on our NGO board and it's decisions. Not a lot of traffic, really. Around 100 M per month. Not a lot of code and debugging etc. Most of the work is done in a forum on another domain. If I can't solve the non-installation problem at new host, I'm leaning towards sticking with the old host with puny memory_limit, if you guys don't start telling horror stories about what will happen to us if we do. Having tested P extensively under those circumstances -- trying to make it budge for a week -- I have three issues. All of which have to do with being "a bad user"; doing bad stuff a stupid user might be expected to do out of sheer stupidity. Like offing a user before he's dispatched all his planned hours. That makes it virtually impossible to delete a project btw.

Any ideas?

Started using ProjeQtOr in oct 2018. Using it in a very small NGO to try to infuse some kind of oversight and order, and for private matters to learn more about it. Have "translated" parts into Swedish (and will make an Esperanto version as well), but not officially.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 19:24 #2 by babynus

After having changed said settings, I no longer receive error messages during Softaculous installation of P. All seems well. But neither of the login pages linked to at install ending, works as expected. A circling icon tries to convince me something is happening even though nothing continues to do so for minutes, and even an hour while I had something to eat.

We are not responsible for softaculous package and cannot bring support about it.

Doing a manual installation, I get stuck on the setup page. After editing credentials, OK-ing it makes the page jolt slightly, but nothing much happens. Still hoping host support have something to add.

Please post more information about issue (screenshot, error logged, browser console error, ...)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
26 Oct 2018 21:54 #3 by Amema
Apparently the first problem was that the web host have settings on their server preventing new customers to do exactly what they want. My support question quickly got that out of the way.

I tested, as per subsequent request from Support, to install P again, with the same result. They seem to be quite offended. Not by me or my problem, but by not being able to solve it in the first round. So Support is now on it, testing installation on my account to their heart's desire. They seem more keen than I to resolve the issue. I thought I'd let them have a go before reporting back here.

I haven't had any real problems at the old host (who will only allocate 96 M for PHP memory) where I'm still testing P for a good 2 weeks now. What, apart from the already mentioned problems with creating pdf's could one expect if running on a too small PHP_limit?

Started using ProjeQtOr in oct 2018. Using it in a very small NGO to try to infuse some kind of oversight and order, and for private matters to learn more about it. Have "translated" parts into Swedish (and will make an Esperanto version as well), but not officially.

More
27 Oct 2018 15:28 #4 by babynus

What, apart from the already mentioned problems with creating pdf's could one expect if running on a too small PHP_limit?

not much.
Possibly calculation of very big projects (or all projects with admin rights), with thouthands of activities to plan...
But I'm not sure what the limit is.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
28 Oct 2018 12:32 #5 by Amema
Well, then I think we'll play the guineapig.

We will have around 30 or so projects going, with not more than 20-30 open tickets at any given time. Initially we will not use the work feature.

We'll be using P to keep tabs on what happens in our non-profit. When people have started to learn the lay of the land, maybe work time etc will be implemented, but I doubt it.

I have "translated" P into Swedish, but it's terribly tweaked for our own purposes, using specific terms for stuff. If I get a minute or two over, I'll clean it and send it over if nobody else beats me to it.

More
02 Nov 2018 23:33 #6 by Amema
Small report here. The install error is due to wrong rights for a folder and a file from Softaculous. Apparently the folder "tool" have got 777 instead of 755, and "saveDataToSession.php" is set to 755 instead of 644. The Softaculous installer sends a package with errors.

Since it's now possible to run P on the site with enough PHP memory, I'll see if I can manage the feat of migrating between servers. Something tells me it's not a stroll in the park.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.