View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Right percentage in P7.2.5 gone haywire in P7.2.6 - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Right percentage in P7.2.5 gone haywire in P7.2.6

More
28 Oct 2018 16:45 - 28 Oct 2018 16:49 #1 by Amema
In menu Parameters ---> Pools of Resources:
the workload under heading Resources of the Pool has the correct percentages in version 7.2.5, but for percentages below 10, they seem to lose a decimal point in version 7.2.6.

7.2.5:
Ingrid is assigned 4% and the diagram says 0.04:

7.2.6:
Puff is assigned to 30% and Stella to 5%, but instead of 0.05, it says 0.5 which is 50%:

Started using ProjeQtOr in oct 2018. Using it in a very small NGO to try to infuse some kind of oversight and order, and for private matters to learn more about it. Have "translated" parts into Swedish (and will make an Esperanto version as well), but not officially.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 16:49 by Amema.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2018 18:17 #2 by babynus
Very Strange.
I cannot reproduce.
Moreover, nothing was changed on this side from 7.1 to 7.2, nor from 7.2.5 to 7.2.6...

Can you please try an reproduce on demo ?

If you update value (through affectation to the pool) is issue auto-fixed ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
28 Oct 2018 18:21 - 28 Oct 2018 18:23 #3 by babynus
IDEA :woohoo:

It can be normal if Stella has capacity of 10 FTE : it means stella represent a team of 10 persons, able to work 10 work*days per pays

Note that table displays rate for each resource, and graph the total FTE of the pool.

Babynus
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 18:23 by babynus.

More
28 Oct 2018 21:00 #4 by Amema
Aha... could be. I haven't gotten the hang of how to work with FTE yet.

I have calculated a mean value of time for what constitutes a normal day for a normal co-member of our outfit. It's about 3-4 hours per week, but I set it to one hour per day. But me being the leader of implementing ProjeQtOr, and being unemployed, have much more time on my hands. So I can work overtime x 10.

I haven't tested yet, but the idea sounds plausible that this is the culprit. Problem is, how may I work around the fact that a few of us put in hours per day, while others put in hours per week, and yet others hours per month, if not through FTE? Or should I set myself to one, and everybody else to 0.1 and 0.01? That will produce a ludicrous forest of decimals.

At this stage, it seems we cut out the time calculations.

Started using ProjeQtOr in oct 2018. Using it in a very small NGO to try to infuse some kind of oversight and order, and for private matters to learn more about it. Have "translated" parts into Swedish (and will make an Esperanto version as well), but not officially.

More
29 Oct 2018 13:26 #5 by babynus
I don't really understand.
For me, an hour of work is an hour of work.
It's not per day or per week or per month, it's an hour.

If some people work only one hour per month, tell me how to get hired, I want that job !

Babynus

More
29 Oct 2018 14:11 #6 by Amema
Yes, an hour is an hour is an hour. But here - if I'm not entirely mistaken - we are dealing with percentages of an equivalent. An hour is a static measure, percentage is relative. An equivalent is based on an aggregate of information. So what info do I aggregate to get a working equivalent, that's my issue. I think.

If the "1" hour in the global settings is the hinge on which all calculations for work hangs, then an FTE of 1 in anybody's settings will equate 1 hour per day. That is how i understand this.

When I put in percentages in the workload for projects, 1 % does not necessarily equate anybody else's 1%. But what I perceive now, is that there will be a correlation between the number of hours that I put in as "100%" for any project with the percentage put in by any resource assigned to the project. Then there is a calculation on percentages between assigned time for the project, and the percentages assigned to the individual. Personally I put in several hours per day, so my equivalent should be much higher than "normal". If I set my FTE to "5" it will equate five hours of work per day. Or have I turned everything up-side down? Should it be one 5th of an equivalent so that my percentage matches everybody else's? Oh, god, I was a math teacher once. Now I understand why I quit.

I have set the Unit of work in Global settings to 1 hour, because any normal active member will not work more than that. I would like a job like that too... but we are a non-profit, so nobody gets paid. I do quite a lot because I'm unemployed at the moment. And that is apparently where the problems arise. (Not by being unemployed per se, even though that constitutes a problem too, but by me having too much free time on my hands, which I can't get my head around and put into this system. Or I'll simply set my FTE to "1" and go renovate my kitchen instead of doing things for this non-profit.)

I'll have to chew on this. Economics is not my forte. Nor is English my native tongue, which makes it even worse. I'll read the article about FTE again and see if it makes sense this time.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.