View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - MS Project Import suggestion - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

MS Project Import suggestion

More
15 Mar 2016 21:04 - 15 Mar 2016 21:08 #1 by rmeske
Hello,

Ticket #1014 is titled MS Project Import but there are currently no details and I would like to add some comments.

It seems that there are a variety of Office Connectors popping up now to allow integrating the MS Office Suite with online applications. It may be worthwhile to explore this type of integration. The advantage to this approach would be allowing the editing of any project in ProjeQtOr in MS Project saved back to Projeqtor.

If this is not feasible in the short term, I would like to recommend using XML as the import/export format from ProjeQtOr as MS Project already supports xml.
Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 21:08 by rmeske.
The topic has been locked.
More
17 Mar 2016 18:03 #2 by babynus

there are a variety of Office Connectors popping up now to allow integrating the MS Office Suite

MS-Project is not part of MS-OFFICE suite, and such connectors do not exist.
Only exiting API is a Java API to read MS-Project files, but it does not allow to write file because format used is copyrighted by Microsoft (thank you bill :silly: ).

. The advantage to this approach would be allowing the editing of any project in ProjeQtOr in MS Project saved back to Projeqtor

This will never be possible, not only because of technical constraints, but also because ProjeQtOr and MS-Project use very different ways to plan a project.
Import of Project from MS-Project will be possible only to import existing project to ProjeQtOr, not to allow bidirectional updates.

I would like to recommend using XML as the import/export format from ProjeQtOr as MS Project already supports xml.

This is already used ofr Export : ProjeQtOr can export Project to MS-Project XML format.
Import is not available yet.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
More
17 Mar 2016 20:02 - 17 Mar 2016 20:02 #3 by rmeske
Replied by rmeske on topic MS Project Import suggestion
Thank you for the explanation babynus. I'm of the opinion that if you don't ask you will never know if something is possible.

It would be nice to see the import of a MS Project XML get moved up, but I understand there may be features that are more important to your global user base.

Just so you know, there is a commercial online project management application and an open source project management application that both have a connector to MS Project. They call it something like Office Connector and it is an add-on to MS Project. Apparently it provides that same functionality to Project that Office products have for opening files from a server. However, in terms of open source applications, I am finding ProjeQtOr has more of the features I am looking for.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2016 20:02 by rmeske.
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.