View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Indication for missed milestone when milestone is defined by dependency - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Indication for missed milestone when milestone is defined by dependency

More
08 Mai 2020 18:00 - 08 Mai 2020 18:01 #1 by squish
I have a series of activities that are meant to be constrained by two milestones. The first milestone is a fixed date and the second milestone is a floating milestone set with a dependency delay of 5 days after the first milestone.

How can I have an indication when the planned work for these activities exceeds the date of the second milestone? The parent activity (dark green in attached screenshot) has the second milestone set as a Target Milestone, and all the other activities are set as children of this parent. My goal is to have the parent activity show up as red in the Gantt chart when it exceeds the planned date of the target milestone.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mai 2020 18:01 by squish.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mai 2020 13:25 #2 by babynus
Just save planned end date as validated end date for parent activity and milestone.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
10 Mai 2020 21:55 #3 by squish
We shouldn't have to if the milestone knows which date it is planned on. This would make it a huge exercise as we have 20+ projects with around 50 milestones each. Any time we miss a milestone or add/remove resources we would then have to manually shift all the milestones which defeats the purpose of planning by dependency.

More
11 Mai 2020 15:11 #4 by babynus

Any time we miss a milestone or add/remove resources we would then have to manually shift all the milestones which defeats the purpose of planning by dependency.

No, you don't have to if milestones are "floating"
NB : on your example, just add a dependency from parent activity to last milstone
If validated end date on last milestone is set to date of first (fixed) milestone, last one will get red (with possible alerts) if activities "push" the floating milesto,ne out of scope.
NB : you don't need to add dependency from first milstone to each sub-activity, a single one from first milestone to parent activity will do the job

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Mai 2020 17:55 - 15 Mai 2020 17:56 #5 by squish
I'm not sure how to set up the dependencies in your example. If I make the second milestone the successor to the parent activity, then it just pushes the milestone forward as more work builds up. It does not respect the delay set in the dependency between the first and second mielstones (which should be correct behaviour, as the delay is meant to represent a minimum value). I need the milestones to stay where the delay places them, but the activities to highlight if they are going to miss a target milestone.

So, for example, I have Milestone #1 set to Monday and Milestone #2 set to Wednesday using a 2-day delay. Between them is an activity set to begin with Milestone #1 as the Predecessor, and Milestone #2 is set as the Target Milestone. I want Milestone #1 and #2 to stay set in place based on delays set in my dependencies. If the activity is assigned, for example, 6 days of work, it should overshoot Milestone #2 and turn red, with Milestone #2 remaining on Wednesday unless I manually change the dependency delay.

Could you provide a way to set up milestones and activities to show what is in my example above?
Last edit: 15 Mai 2020 17:56 by squish.

More
18 Mai 2020 10:59 - 18 Mai 2020 11:03 #6 by alainforma
hi,

Depending on your example : yes you can do it.
both of them are fixed. your activity would be planned with the mode fixed duration coinciding star and end date with the first and the second one. Insert dependencies. If your activity push off its end date planified ( identical on milestone 2) it will be in red color and you can show how long it is from this second fixed milestone.
Last edit: 18 Mai 2020 11:03 by alainforma.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.