View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Organization Links/Scenarios Setting - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

[SOLVED] Organization Links/Scenarios Setting

More
11 Mai 2020 17:37 #1 by rainbow
Hi,

Regarding organization links, I would like to set up the links/scenarios below but failed.

1. Set more than one manager for an organization
I would like to set more than one manager for an organization, but can only select one resource as the manager. I tried to use pool of resources to represent the managers, but found that pool of resources cannot be selected as the managers of an organization.

2. Link a resource to multiple organizations with different roles and rights
I would like to set a resource belonging to multiple organization, for example, the company has several branches (location) and the resource A is a manager in more than one branch and have different roles and rights in different branches.

3. A department exists across different branches of the company
I would like to link a department to more than one branch (location) while under the same company. However, I found that only be one parent organization can be set for an organization.

Is there any way to set the above cases in the "Organization" or I will have to use "Teams" as a workaround?

Thanks,
Rainbow

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mai 2020 12:24 #2 by babynus

1. Set more than one manager for an organization
I would like to set more than one manager for an organization, but can only select one resource as the manager. I tried to use pool of resources to represent the managers, but found that pool of resources cannot be selected as the managers of an organization.

Manager is unique.
If you want to add new managers (assistant, co-manager, ...) you can user Screen Customization plugin to add new fields.
Pools are not designed to replace resource.

2. Link a resource to multiple organizations with different roles and rights
I would like to set a resource belonging to multiple organization, for example, the company has several branches (location) and the resource A is a manager in more than one branch and have different roles and rights in different branches.

Resource can be linked to one only organization.
There is no notion of role on organization, and even less notion of rights on organizations.

3. A department exists across different branches of the company
I would like to link a department to more than one branch (location) while under the same company. However, I found that only be one parent organization can be set for an organization.

Structure or organizations is concidered as tree structure, so each item can have one and one only parent.

Is there any way to set the above cases in the "Organization" or I will have to use "Teams" as a workaround?

To fit need 1 and 2, you can use project object for organizations, for instance with new project type "organization". So these project won't be real projects, but containers of real projects.
Then :
1) you can allocate a many resources as you want on project/organization
2) A resource can be allocated to several proects/organizations, with different profiles, that will give different rights
But
3) A project/organization can have one and one only parent project. Maybe Organization object can then be used to have a second consolidation level (for instance for location)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
14 Mai 2020 19:13 #3 by rainbow
Hi Babynus,

Thanks for your explanation and sharing. Yes, using projects object is one of the workarounds, while still have some limitations on the structure, display and reportings.

It would be great to have many to many relationship possible in the future for more complex organizational and projects structures.

Thanks,
Rainbow

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.