View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Pool and resource sharing - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

[SOLVED] Pool and resource sharing

More
19 Mai 2021 14:44 #1 by cmarti
Hello all,

I have some issue understanding how to manage the sharing of some resources when preparing projects.

I've created pools of resources according to their job (in my case of electronic design, it is currently shared in 3 categories).
But on practical situation I'm facing 2 issues.

I would like to limit the resources of one pool for one project (let's say 2 given guys over the whole pool), but I'm not yet able to set which resource on which task. However for the other projects those resources are still on the main pool, and I would like changing the priority of the projects to see the influence of the assignment.

The second issue - which is maybe related - is that some of the resources have a double hat (like designer and architect, or architect and project manager). Obviously each job will be done partially according to the need of the project.

For that reason I would like to have one resource on multiple pools, but didn't find the way to do so.
But it is possible that I'm not doing the right thing for achieving the result.

Could you help me to achieve those 2 scopes?

Thank you,

Cyril

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mai 2021 17:09 #2 by alainforma
HI,

Do not let the rate at 100 % on a single pool. A resource can belong to differents pool until 100 % of its FTP whatever the distribution is beetween pools.
For instance 25 % 30 % 30 % and 15 % for the fourth pool. or 10 for the first one 50 , 10 and 30 % for the fourth pool , etc etc etc . Be careful, the more a resource belongs to various pools the more the planning does not mean anything for her.
Regards.

More
20 Mai 2021 10:26 #3 by cmarti
Replied by cmarti on topic Pool and resource sharing
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. It seems to me to answer the first item very well, but the second one is only partially answered. This is probably because my explanation was only partial.

In the case of the architect of the solution, (s)he will be on the project first as an architect role but later on (s)he will act as a designer (on his/her specialty).
However we have a set of architect that are acting like that.
So during the investigation on the project, we didn't define who will be the architect.
So if ArchitectA is also a designer on Field1 - (s)he will be on pool-Field1 and architect-pool both full time as tasks are not done at the same time
Idem for ArchitectB but is an expert on Field2 - so (s)he will be on pool-Field2.

I have to admit that in case there is no way to do such tricks I could live by selecting the architect as the same moment as the project manager - it's a bit less flexible but not blocking.

Regards

More
20 Mai 2021 11:25 #4 by Arkhanje
Replied by Arkhanje on topic Pool and resource sharing

I would like to limit the resources of one pool for one project (let's say 2 given guys over the whole pool), but I'm not yet able to set which resource on which task.

This is the whole point of the resource pool. Start planning as accurately as possible and then determine the most judicious resource.
Say you have 10 people in your pool-Architect. You only want to book two people for this activity, enter only 2 FTEs when assigning the pool.

I would like to limit the resources of one pool for one project (let's say 2 given guys over the whole pool), but I'm not yet able to set which resource on which task. However for the other projects those resources are still on the main pool, and I would like changing the priority of the projects to see the influence of the assignment.

Why, however? and What's the matter?

The second issue - which is maybe related - is that some of the resources have a double hat (like designer and architect, or architect and project manager). Obviously each job will be done partially according to the need of the project.

There are several notions I think here. The concept of profile and functions.
Your architectA can be an architect and / or designer, they are functions and each resource can have as many functions as they wish. This function can be changed with each assignment. An activity can have X assignments of the same resource but with all different functions.

The ArchitectA can be Project Manager. In ProjeQtOr it is more of a profile, which will open rights according to its responsibilities on the project. A profile is assigned by default to a resource and it can be modified at each assignment to a project or sub-project

In the case of the architect of the solution, (s)he will be on the project first as an architect role but later on (s)he will act as a designer (on his/her specialty).

1st assignment of ResA with an architect function
2nd assignment of ResA with designer function
and this on the same activity if you want

So during the investigation on the project, we didn't define who will be the architect.
So if ArchitectA is also a designer on Field1 - (s)he will be on pool-Field1 and architect-pool both full time as tasks are not done at the same time
Idem for ArchitectB but is an expert on Field2 - so (s)he will be on pool-Field2.

to be sure, ArchiA will be 50% on pool-Archi and 50% on pool-Fields1. It doesn't change their FTE and their planning.
And archi B will therefore be 100% on pool-fields2 if it only belongs to this one.
It is an allocation rate and not a planning rate.

I hope it was a little clearer

More
26 Mai 2021 09:00 #5 by cmarti
Replied by cmarti on topic Pool and resource sharing
Thank you for this detailed answer.
I'll have to test it more in detail in the near future.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.