View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Supportez nous sur Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Not sure if I correctly understand Real Work Allocation screen - ProjeQtOr

Prochaines sessions de formation

Les prochaines formations et démonstrations sont ouvertes, inscrivez-vous rapidement !

Démonstration de ProjeQtOr

(gratuit, sur inscription)

Mardi 23 avril (10h30-12h)

Jeudi 16 mai (16h-17h30)

Jeudi 13 juin (10h30-12h)

Planifiez avec ProjeQtOr

3 et 4 avril (9h - 12h30)

Administrez avec ProjeQtOr

10 et 11 avril (9h - 12h30)

Not sure if I correctly understand Real Work Allocation screen

More
05 Avr 2016 13:41 #1 by sagar.toshniwal
Hello.

I have a project with a few activities - phases and tasks. As you look at the first screenshot, you will notice that I have nested these activities to form a WBS. Now when I try to enter Real Work Allocation against this WBS, I notice following things. Not sure if I have done something wrong - in that case please help me correct it.

(1) It allows me to enter Work for previous as well as future days. Is this planned behaviour or can I change it to allow date entry only within a certain period of time? For ex., I can enter work only within 1 week of today and no future work can ever be entered. How can I do this?

(2) Since there are some parent activities and some child ones, I believe the parent activity should automatically sum up work from all the child activities. Am I right? If you look at second screenshot, you will notice that the child activity is taking more time than the parent one. Also, I am not sure on what basis the Start & End dates are calculated!

I seriously need some onboarding on this...

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...
Attachments:

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Avr 2016 22:08 #2 by babynus

It allows me to enter Work for previous as well as future days. Is this planned behaviour or can I change it to allow date entry only within a certain period of time? For ex., I can enter work only within 1 week of today and no future work can ever be entered. How can I do this?

You can validate week in order to block it in the fututre (so past weeks get blocked)
You can get an alert when you enter work in the future, but you cannot block it as it is a real usee case for holidays : you enter real work in the future on administrative project

Since there are some parent activities and some child ones, I believe the parent activity should automatically sum up work from all the child activities. Am I right?

Yes, you are right.But this sum-up is not done in the real work allocation screen. You will see it in the progress section of the activity.
What you have entered is enter 4 days on sub-activity AND 3 additional days on praent activity.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds

Paramétrages de cookies

Cookies fonctionnels

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Veuillez vous connecter pour voir vos activités!

Autres cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.