View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Burndown chart not following timesheet submissions - ProjeQtOr

Burndown chart not following timesheet submissions

More
04 Mar 2020 16:56 #1 by squish
When I go to generate a burndown report for a project, it seems to be tracking workload at the time entries are made, instead of following dates that real work has been entered via the timesheet. For example, if on Thursday I enter timesheets for Monday - Wednesday, the burndown chart will show the same amount of work left M-W and then a sharp drop for Thursday.

Can this be toggled to respect the timesheet entries? I don't always have time at the end of a workday to input work for my team, but would like a realistic burndown chart based on when tasks are actually completed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2020 14:31 #2 by babynus
Hi,

The behavior is normal : we check changes of left work.
So if you enter several days on the same day, left work is updated only once.

This is difficult to do better as left work may be updated manually so will not always be assigned-real.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
10 Mar 2020 14:32 #3 by babynus

Can this be toggled to respect the timesheet entries? I don't always have time at the end of a workday to input work for my team, but would like a realistic burndown chart based on when tasks are actually completed.

Projeqtor is designed to that you don't have to enter work for the team. Team members do.
And best practice is to enter work every day...

Babynus

More
10 Mar 2020 14:51 #4 by squish
In our specific use case it is not feasible for team members to enter in their own times. This is a manufacturing setting where most do not have anything above basic computer skills, and we have multiple contracts that their resource pool is assigned to. They would be potentially choosing between over 300 different activities to enter their times.

Are the left work changes tracked using the host time or client-side time? In other words, if I change my computer's date to match when the work was actually done, will Left Work be updated using the "fake" time, or using the server-side time?

More
10 Mar 2020 16:47 #5 by babynus

Are the left work changes tracked using the host time or client-side time? In other words, if I change my computer's date to match when the work was actually done, will Left Work be updated using the "fake" time, or using the server-side time?

Server Time.
So no.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.