View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Capacity variation not taken into account for automatic planning calculation - ProjeQtOr

Capacity variation not taken into account for automatic planning calculation

More
04 Nov 2021 10:42 #1 by Jiler
Hello,

I have set a capacity variation on a given resource to 1.25 FTE for a duration of 1 week (through resources screen).
This capacity variation is not taken into account when the automatic planning calculation run. The capacity stays at 1 FTE.

However, it works as expected when calculating the planning manually from the planning screen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2021 10:52 - 05 Nov 2021 10:53 #2 by alainforma
hi

You must replan even if the automatic planning button is actived when you come from the resource screen or any others screens which are not the planning view. Automatic planning button activated only works when you are working from the screen - planning view - We decide this way to do as a kind of security when you work on differents screens able to impact the planning.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2021 10:53 by alainforma.

More
05 Nov 2021 15:41 #3 by Jiler
Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about the "automatic planning" button in the planning view but the periodic planning calculation you can set in Global Parameters > Automation.

1. I create an activity with 5 days assigned work. By default my resource has a capacity of 1 FTE so the activity duration is 5 days
2. I change the capacity of my resource to 1.25 FTE on the given week
3. I calculate the planning manually > as expected, the activity is now planned on 4 days (4 x 1.25 = 5)
4. During the night, our automatic planning calculation run. Further to which the activity duration comes back to 5 days > bug ?
5. If I calculate the planning manually again (without changing anything) > the activity duration is once again planned on 4 days, which is OK

More
08 Nov 2021 14:26 #4 by babynus
Hi,

We'll have a look.
Ticket #5815 recorded

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.