View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Adding an resource/contact (affectation) to a Project - ProjeQtOr

Adding an resource/contact (affectation) to a Project

More
17 Jan 2013 10:22 #1 by IC_PRQA
A resource has to exist at the top level of a project.
For a project at a lower level it would be easier to only allow selection of the resource from a list that has been entered into the top level.

Currently it is confusing as the resource cannot see their activities etc until that has been completed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2013 23:06 #2 by babynus

A resource has to exist at the top level of a project.

No, it is not mandatory.

For a project at a lower level it would be easier to only allow selection of the resource from a list that has been entered into the top level.

No, because a reousouce can be affected to a sub-project without having visibility to the top one.

Currently it is confusing as the resource cannot see their activities etc until that has been completed.

Resources can only see activities of the projects they are assigned to, and their sub-projects : it is the basis of the security restriction in Project'Or RIA.

Example :

Project 1
=> Project 2
=> Project 3
=> => Project 4
Project 5

Resource A affected to Project 1 sees all data of projets 1, 2, 3 and 4 but none of Project 5
Resource B affected to Project 3 sees all data of projets 3 and 4. that's all. Resource B is not even aware that project 3 is a sub-project of project 1.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
28 Jan 2013 18:36 #3 by IC_PRQA
This is my example

Project 1
=> Project 2

Project 2 is a sub project of Project 1.
Unless I put the Resource A into Project 1 then the Resource A cannot see their activities in Project 2.

Please make the selection of resources only available if they are in the project above and not all resources in the entire system.

In Project 2 I selected Resource B from the entire set of resources but did not add Resource B to Project 1. Resource B could not access their activities. Try it, it is frustrating until you know what you have to do.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:41 #4 by babynus

Unless I put the Resource A into Project 1 then the Resource A cannot see their activities in Project 2.

Or you can affect resource A to project 2.
This a basis security constraint.
Resources cannot see activities of project they are not affected to.

Please make the selection of resources only available if they are in the project above and not all resources in the entire system.

No, this is not possible.
It mist be possible to affect Resource A to project 2 without needing to affect it to Project 1.
This also is basis security constraint.
Exemple :
Project 1 = Bad Projects
Project 1.1
Project 2 = Good Projects
Project 2.1
If I affect resources to Project 1.1 or 2.1, I just don't want them to know in wich Top project the project they work on is.

In Project 2 I selected Resource B from the entire set of resources but did not add Resource B to Project 1. Resource B could not access their activities.

I'm sure they can. Try disconnect / reconnect to retrieve correct access rights.

Babynus

More
06 Feb 2013 11:23 #5 by IC_PRQA
I do disconnect and reconnect.

What I need is to only be allowed to select resources from the project in the level above as this is the control that allows the resource to see a task allocated to them. It should be simple to just put that selection process in and not select from all resources in the entire system.

More
07 Feb 2013 22:23 #6 by babynus
It is not possible : it must be possible to affect resources that are not affected to top project.
It is a basis in Project'Or RIA.
Many users use this functionality to manage access rights (I do !), so I can't won't change it !

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.