View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - The Priority field and WBS on an Activty seems to have no effect in allocating the time available - ProjeQtOr

The Priority field and WBS on an Activty seems to have no effect in allocating the time available

More
28 Jan 2013 18:19 #1 by IC_PRQA
I required an Activity to take priority over another Activity, however the Priority field has no effect what-so-ever. The standard Priority level is 500 I tried using 100 as a lower Priority number should have given the Activity preference over other. Nothing was changed.

I also read that a lower WBS number should also give priority. This too had no affect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:52 #2 by babynus
Hi,

I should need more detail.
Any dependencies between tasks (predecessor / successor) ?
What planning mode ?
What work assigned and left ?
Which resource assigned ?
Capacity of resource ?
Assignement rate of resources to tasks ?
Affectation rate of resources to project ?
Any print screen possible ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
06 Feb 2013 11:47 #3 by IC_PRQA
No dependencies between tasks
A resource was assigned to tasks and had no time left
This was the reason that using a higher priority should have overridden the planning.
Resource had no spare capacity.

Therefore, my question is if using a higher priority has no effect then how can it be used?

The screen print is of no use as the planning of that task does not move, not even within the project iteself.

Similarly once a task has been planned then moving the WBS of the project up from the bottom to the top and then using the calculating activity planning has no effect.

More
07 Feb 2013 20:49 #4 by babynus
One important point :
When you plan a project A, it will use the capacity of resources
If afterward you plan a project B, this one will only use tha capacity left, whatever the priorities.
=> planning one project will not move planning for another one.

Then, you must plan both projects together to get them replanned and have correct priorities.
Best way is to define a top project for projects sharing same resources, or play with affectation rates.

Pay attention, a bug has been identified today : planning with no project (to plan all project) fails since V3.0.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: IC_PRQA

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.