View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Status issue with complex workflows - ProjeQtOr

Status issue with complex workflows

More
26 Feb 2014 22:24 #1 by alcassanti
I will try to describe the problem:

- John receives a ticket with status "A".
- His profile "Member1" can handle this status.
- John finishes his work and sends the ticket to Paul, but he forgets to change the status. The ticket is not visible to him anymore.
- Paul has a profile "Member2" which can't handle status "A".
- The status become stuck from this point on, because the responsible can't change it, and depending on the workflow, only an admin or leader will be able to fix this issue.
- To avoid an admin intervention, Paul need to send the ticket back to John asking him to change the status.

Question:

Am I doing something wrong in my workflow?

My suggestion:

Is it possible when updating a ticket, to verify if the new responsible has permission to handle the selected status?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2014 23:39 #2 by babynus

John finishes his work and sends the ticket to Paul

What do you cal "send the ticket to Paul" ? Change responsible ?

The ticket is not visible to him anymore.

Are you sure ? How did you manage this ?

To avoid an admin intervention, Paul need to send the ticket back to John asking him to change the status.

I think a simple message from Paul to John : please change status !

Am I doing something wrong in my workflow?

Wrong, no really, but very restrictive.
Its requires Paul to change status before changing responsible.

Is it possible when updating a ticket, to verify if the new responsible has permission to handle the selected status?

No, not on standard version, because access rights are not linked to Responsible.
If you wish, this could be done on a specific evolution, only for you.
Have a look at "services" and contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you need an estimate.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.