View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Planning Parallel Activities on Same Resource - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

Planning Parallel Activities on Same Resource

More
03 Oct 2014 16:42 #7 by prg
Hi Babynus,
none of listed causes fits my case.

- None of the projects is set as "fix planning"
- ALL projects are OPE
- No real work yet (I'm in plannig)
- No negative delay on dependencies

I ran planning on topmost project many times, but still problem with resources is present.

Just another point: version I'm using was upgraded from 4.1 at every release; can be a problem on the DB?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 15:07 #8 by prg
Babynus,
I re-created the DB and re-insert all the activities to have a clean situation.

Problem arise again.

I notice that it happens in this situation:
- A1: allocated RES1 for 24hrs
- A2: allocated RES1 for 8hrs
- A3: allocated RES1 for 8hrs

The system schedule in following way:
- Monday: A1 for RES1 8hrs
- Tuesday: A2 for RES2 8hrs
- Wednesday: A3 for RES3 8hrs
- Thursday: A1 for RES1 8hrs
- Friday: A1 for RES1 8hrs

I think he schedules activities A2 and A3 since the will be completed shortly wrt A1 using ASAP.
There is a way to tell the system that, when an activity is started, this activity must be completed (is ASAP for each activity, not for the whole plan), in order to not put those activities "on-hold".

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

More
06 Oct 2014 15:21 #9 by babynus
Really cannot reproduce.
Have a look at demo.projeqtor.org/view/main.php (connect as manager/manager).
I created project PRG, ressource RESS1 and activities A1, A2 and A3 assigned as you describe (in days but it's the same).
Result is exactly as expected.

If you can reproduce your issue on Demo, I'll have a look.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
06 Oct 2014 15:28 #10 by prg
:(:(:( Consider my project includes more then 800 activities ... very difficult to debug

Here another screenshot:

I will try to reproduce the issue, but takes a lot of time to import all the stuff...
Attachments:

More
06 Oct 2014 16:15 #11 by protion
And why not try breaking it down into sub-project in the first place (a sub project per month)
this might be a solution.
Et pourquoi ne pas essayer en décomposant en sous projet dans un premier temps (un sous projet par mois)
cela serait peut être une solution.

More
07 Oct 2014 09:43 - 07 Oct 2014 09:44 #12 by prg
Hi Babynus, protion, all.

First of all, is not a bug, nor a mis-configuration or whatever, just a behavior (proving how good is this tool).
I got what happened, and I would like to share it with all.

The algorithm, day-by-day, plan each activity according to:
- Previous dependencies
- Activity Priorities
- WBS position
- Planning Mode

Let us consider ASAP. See the project PRG in demo. There are 3 activities assigned to same resource; two of them have a predecessor activity executed by another resource, while the third free of dependencies. The tool then schedules A3 and the predecessor the first day, then second day, an activity with higher priority (smaller WBS) is available; the system set A3 on-hold and execute A1. Same for next day with A2. Then re-start with A3. Below a screenshot:

If we invert the WBS position, the behavior is different:

However, there are a plethora of activities (i.e. testing) that is better not to stop once started. I solved my plan by re-prioritizing the activities, however, there is a way to tell the system that, for specific activities, once a resource is booked, the activity must be completed?

Maybe an improvement suggestion.... :)

However, thanks for the support, this is the best PM tool I've used in my life. Congratulation!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 09:44 by prg.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.