View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Behavior in Real work allocation and multiple users working on same activity - ProjeQtOr

Behavior in Real work allocation and multiple users working on same activity

More
27 Oct 2014 14:52 #1 by j.gerlach
Hi,

I would like to report to issues in one post:

1. Real work allocation
Expanding or folding a project in "Real work allocation" view leads to expanding or folding projects which was not clicked. This is very confusing while trying to report the hours worked.

2. User session handling
Short example to explain the problem. If two or more users working on the same activity only saved changes of the very first user is registered.

Regards

meedial
The topic has been locked.
More
28 Oct 2014 13:00 #2 by babynus
Hi,

1. Real work allocation
Expanding or folding a project in "Real work allocation" view leads to expanding or folding projects which was not clicked. This is very confusing while trying to report the hours worked.

I cannot reproduce this issue.
Could you please :
- check WBS of displayed items ; are they correct
- attach print scrren
- reproduce on Demo database

2. User session handling
Short example to explain the problem. If two or more users working on the same activity only saved changes of the very first user is registered.

What do you mean exactly with "registered" ? Recorded (stored in the activity) or Stored in History changes ?
Design of changes should avoid what you describe for storing :
- if several users change different data on same activity, all changes are correctly saved.
- if several users change the same data on same activity, change done by the latest saving user overwrite others.
This is an "optiistic" design (if 2 users work on same activity, the most possibley they will not change same data).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
More
28 Oct 2014 15:06 #3 by j.gerlach
Hi,

first I would like to mention that the version we're working on is Projector 4.2.3 and we're planning to update within the next week - will this having any impact on the described issues?

Our developers working on Windows 7 and Macintosh OS X 10.9 Systems (Firefox and Chrome) when the issue happens. It's always the last two projects which collapse. Which means they
- unfold the last two projects
- collapse the forecast project
Result: also the last project is hidden.

In my second issue I mean storing the data. My colleagues told:
Making changes on different topics in the same activity and saving/storing the activity - the last one saving will override all forgoing changes.

Regards

meedial
More
28 Oct 2014 16:38 #4 by babynus
Hi,

There were errors fixed on collapsing real work allocation.. on V2.6 :huh:

About concurrent change, I just tested again : last save will not overwrite changes made by others "on other fields".
Could you reproduce for instance on Demo ?

Babynus
More
28 Oct 2014 17:27 #5 by j.gerlach
Hi,

even on demo.projeqtor.org I'm able to reproduce the override problem

Just to speak from the same issue - the bug-description for reproduction:

Conditions:
Use two different browsers (e.g. Safari and Firefox)

Way to reproduce:
Open the Projeqtor Demo in both browsers
Login in with the same "role"
Open any activity in browser1
Open same activity in browser2
Do some random changes in browser1 e.g. description or so
Edit also description in browser2 - Save/store changes in browser 2
Change to browser 1 and also save changes

Result:
Browser1 overrides changes from browser2

Hope this helps.

Regarding the other topic. I'm also not able to reproduce in demo. We will update this evening to latest stable release and retry tomorrow.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your help.
More
28 Oct 2014 17:45 #6 by babynus
Hi,

I guess issue comes from double save on activity from user 1, but this is strange as saving should reload data.
I'll investigate.
Ticket #1572 recorded

Babynus
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.