View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Invalid Controls - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Invalid Controls

More
19 Aug 2015 09:58 - 19 Aug 2015 10:00 #1 by Obelix
Invalid Controls was created by Obelix
Hi all,

I started to use ProjeQtOr, but I have a problem. I have created a task (activities) but now, when I try to change the status to done, I receive this error:
Invalid controls.
the field 'result' is mandatory

How I can resolve it?

Is it right to use activities for subdivide the project in tasks?

thank you and soorry for my english ;)
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 10:00 by Obelix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2015 10:12 - 19 Aug 2015 10:13 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Invalid Controls

I started to use ProjeQtOr, but I have a problem. I have created a task (activities) but now, when I try to change the status to done, I receive this error:
Invalid controls.
the field 'result' is mandatory
How I can resolve it?

Just enter some text in the field "result".
A bit more explanation ?
Each status has flags "set to handled", "set to done", "set to closed". These flags have impact on corresponding checkboxes when selecting new status.
So by default, when you select new status as "done" the "is done" flag is checked.
On activity type, there is an option "result is mandatory on done status". When this option is checked, if you select a new status that will check the " is done" flag, the field result becomes mandatory (you can check this easily as the field gets a red left border).
So you have two options : either enter result field, or change option "result is mandatory on done status" on activity type if you don't need a result for these activities.

Is it right to use activities for subdivide the project in tasks?

Of course :woohoo:
Projects can be split into sub-projects. Sub-project can also be split into sub-sub-project. And so on without limit.
Pojects can also be split into tasks. Tasks can be split into sub-tasks. Sub-tasks can also be split into sub-sub-tasks. And so on without limit.
(I guess you get the trick now)
This is called Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and is basics of project management (and very important for big projects) : split work into elementary tasks that will be humanly understood (IMO, tasks of 5-10 days is a good scale).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 10:13 by babynus.

More
19 Aug 2015 10:42 #3 by Obelix
Replied by Obelix on topic Invalid Controls
Hi babynus,

your explanation is perfect, thank you.
Now I have changed the status to "done". :)
The "result" is usefull to have an axplanation about the task from the person who have done it?
The management of the project in task, subtask, project subproject and so on is clear, I have only the necessity to make practice with real work.

Thank you again for your help and quick reply.

bye

More
19 Aug 2015 10:55 #4 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Invalid Controls

The "result" is usefull to have an axplanation about the task from the person who have done it?

Exactly.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
19 Aug 2015 13:14 #5 by Obelix
Replied by Obelix on topic Invalid Controls

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.