View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Cannot change smtp server name and port in global parameter screen. - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Cannot change smtp server name and port in global parameter screen.

More
30 Sep 2015 16:28 #1 by pbourgault
Hello,

I have recently installed ProjeQtOr with this configuration :
=> version of ProjeQtOr = 5.0.5
=> browser used (en version) = Firefox 41.0
I also installed EasyPHP 14.1b2 and I have enabled IMAP and OpenSSL extensions in "php.ini" file.
=> use case to reproduce the issue (step by step case)
On global parameter screen, I want to change the smtp server name and smtp port parameters. The current parameters were entered using the quick setup screen when connecting to ProjecQtOr for the first time. So I do the following :
  • In the SMTP server name, I replace current value by new value; for example "smtp.free.fr"
  • In the SMTP server port, I replace current value by new value; for example "25"
  • I click on the "Save parameter" icons at the top
  • I notice that a brief message shows up but it is not the expected one : "No change to save on parameters" with white background is displayed instead of "Parameters saved" with light green background.
  • I click on another menu item on the left; let say "User parameters" and I wait for these parameters to be displayed
  • I click back on "Global parameters" menu item and the global parameters are displayed
  • I notice that both SMTP server name and port have been left unchanged
=> expected behavior and noticed behavior
I expect these parameters to change with new values but, when I refresh the global parameter view, the new parameters values are discarded and old parameter values are still shown.
=> attach print screen to illustrate behavior
Seems not necessary ...
=> attach log file (or at least copy lines with "ERROR")
No error indicated in error logs
=> copy errors displayed on browser console
No error displayed in firefox console.

Did I miss something ?
Regards,
Philippe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2015 17:06 #2 by pbourgault
Hi again,

I have found some interesting facts that may help solving the issue.
All the parameters that can't be saved properly seems to be stored in "files\config\parameters.php" file.
When editing manually these file, I can change the SMTP parameters that are displayed in "Global parameters".

Regards,
Philippe.

More
30 Sep 2015 18:09 #3 by babynus
Yes,
Parameters in parameters.php file always overwrite same values stored in database (the ones that can be changes in global parameters screen).
Just remove (or comment) these parameters in parameters.php file and you'll be able to change them through the screen.

Parameters that must be kept in parameters.php file are database parameters (db type, db host, db name, db user, db password) and debugging parameters (log file, log level)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: pbourgault

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.