View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Import activities with tree structure - ProjeQtOr

Import activities with tree structure

More
19 Jan 2016 14:10 #1 by caccia
Hello,

Not sure if this is just me - I tried importing a list of activities from CSV file (tree structure, with several levels of indentation), but after import the tree structure is not entirely recreated.
To be precise, up to one level of indentation it is ok, but for level 2 and lower the parent activity is not correctly handled.

See attached: expected result vs. actual result after import, and the CSV list in question.

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2016 14:38 #2 by babynus
It is possible that name you gave as parent activity is not unique.
When you provide reference as name instead of id (as exepected) import tries and find item by name, and integrates reference only if there is no ambiguity (name of activity is unique).

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
19 Jan 2016 14:50 #3 by caccia
OK, wasn't sure whether the use case had been tested already - it is quite possible that i have the same name several times, so i'll check on that front.
Thanks !

More
19 Jan 2016 15:01 #4 by caccia
Hmm, maybe was a bit too optimistic: I tried again with completely new activity names, but I get the same result: the first level of identation is fine, but after that WBS gets lost.
Attached the example I used.
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2016 17:02 #5 by babynus
OK, your use case seems good.
Ticket #1918 recorded

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.