View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Restrict types for profiles doesn't work - ProjeQtOr

Restrict types for profiles doesn't work

More
15 Dec 2016 16:49 #1 by papjul
Hi,

I wanted to try "restrict types" for profiles but it doesn't appear to be working :'(
Steps I did:
1) Go to Manager profile
2) Restrict type to "Task" activity type
3) All activities are still showing up on activities page for managers…

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 18:11 #2 by babynus
The parameter does not restrict the visibility of the activities to a given type, but the possibilities to enter some type for a given profile.
Acces rights based on profile in not impacted by type selection...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
16 Dec 2016 09:13 - 16 Dec 2016 09:14 #3 by papjul
Right, I can confirm this behaviour, the "when restricting types, only these types will be displayed for users of this profile" description was subject to interpretation.

But I don't understand why you would restrict the display of some types in the "type" field, while still letting people see elements of all types, what was the purpose of this feature when you had it in mind?
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 09:14 by papjul.

More
16 Dec 2016 09:36 #4 by babynus
The idea is to restrict possible types fpr creation.
For instance, on tickets, Customers (external profiles) would always create new Tickets as "Request".
Then, Project team would qualify ticket and change type corresponding on request : evolution request, bug, support, ...
But it's important that the creator, and possibly the whole external team, sqtill has access to the ticket.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.