View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - ProjeQtOr 8.5.4: Better Wording for "not receive his own emails" setting - ProjeQtOr

ProjeQtOr 8.5.4: Better Wording for "not receive his own emails" setting

More
29 Aug 2020 17:58 #1 by gohrner
There is a rather new and very handy new setting called:

"not receive his own emails" which can be set to "Yes" (i.e. disable sending) or "No" (enable sending).

This appears to be rather "backwards" to me, how about calling the setting:

"receive own emails" with the options "Yes" (i.e. enable sending) or "No" (disable sending)?

(BTW, the wording with "his" also excludes all female ProjeQtOr users...)

Question: Is is possible to set a default value for this option for all users? I'd like to make "not receive his own emails" = "Yes" (disable sending) the default on my installation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2020 19:58 - 04 Sep 2020 19:58 #2 by babynus

how about calling the setting: "receive own emails" with the options "Yes" (i.e. enable sending) or "No" (disable sending)?

Possibly this could be more accurate, but would require much unexpected change to preserve behavior.
Also it his historical : before this parametrer exist, users always received own mails.
And we always preserve existing behavior for existing users, so "not receive own mails" seemed a good option, with default to no.

BTW, the wording with "his" also excludes all female ProjeQtOr users...

You're right, it is an inacurate translation from french to english (our devs are french ;) )
Replaced with "not receive own emails"

Is is possible to set a default value for this option for all users? I'd like to make "not receive his own emails" = "Yes" (disable sending) the default on my installation.

Yes, you'll find same parameter in Global Parameters (tab "Display", section "default values for user paramerters")
Every time a parameter exists as Global and User, Global is default value for new users.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 19:58 by babynus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gohrner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.