View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Project'Or RIA offline Client - ProjeQtOr

Project'Or RIA offline Client

More
07 Jun 2013 21:51 #1 by abelinux
Hi Babynus,

Considering the fact that I've had very auspicious answers to my previous proposals for features and functionalities, I'd like to propose a new one.

But first, some background information:

We are a construction company. In companies like ours, is very common the situation where, while working on the same project, some of us are working "on the field", and others are working "at home" in our office. Project'Or RIA is a great tool for keeping everyone's info in-sync and up-to-date.

But, is quite a common situation that people on the field can't get reliable internet access. So it becomes really difficult working with an on-line tool.

I assume this is not the case for e.g. software development companies, but I'm pretty sure this situation is quite usual among other businnes areas.

Now, to the point:

Is it possible (probably on the long run, I don't know) to generate some kind of a "Project'Or RIA Client" that is able to work off-line, and then sync info to/from the main server? Of course, it should also be possible to continue to work on-line, when the internet connection is stable enough.

I'm not shure (I'm no coder at all) if it's possible to use the same ajax/php (...) code available now, but somehow locally (I'd still be working through my internet browser's interface, but without connection) and then provide the sync functionality. That way perhaps there's less coding to be done and therefore it becomes "less-un-likely-to-happen" ;)

I'd like to hear (or read :silly: ) your insight about this possibility.

Thanks in advance, and cheers!

abelinux

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2013 16:50 #2 by babynus
Hi,

I recorded the request, to be planned on a long (very long) run. :(

In fact, synchronisation is really a mess. :evil:
Possibly, before I have time to implement such a request, 3G and 4G (and possibly 5G or 6G) mobile phone network will be so widly spread that it will be not usefull anymore. :whistle:

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: abelinux

More
09 Jun 2013 17:08 #3 by abelinux

babynus wrote: I recorded the request

Thanks!

Possibly, before I have time to implement such a request, 3G and 4G (and possibly 5G or 6G) mobile phone network will be so widly spread that it will be not usefull anymore.

hehe! hadn't thought about that :P

Anyway, you're thinking of Europe's phone network...but that may not be the case in other regions of the world...in my country, we may be willing to provide you more time (before we make it to widespread 5G network) to develop a robust, well tested sync functionality ;)

And again...thanks!! :cheer:

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.