ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Massive table edition - ProjeQtOr

Massive table edition

More
22 Jun 2013 23:06 #1 by abelinux
Hello again,

This proposal I'd like to fill in is in regards of massive properties editing.
It'd be related to ticket #298 "Add change for many items", but in this case, I'd propose that:

- In any list panel (projects, documents, activities) there could be (depending on your permissions in that particular screen) an "Edit" button. As it's name states, it would allow you to enter an "edit mode". In such a mode, the whole list would become an actual table that can be directly edited, and where copy and paste functions are allowed (ctrl+c, ctrl+v). Furthermore: it'd be quite useful if we could copy it's content and paste it in a spreadsheet editor. We would then be allowed to use it's many filter / edit / formulae functions to perform mass edition, and the copy and paste the results in Project'OrRIA.

Would you think such thing could be possible Babynus? :)

P.S.: of course, the "edit" button is not something really necessary, but perhaps it would be technically useful, so as to provide a light, rendered view-only list, and only enter heavier edit mode (would it actually be heavier? don't really know :silly: ) when strictly necessary, so as to prevent innecesary performance drops.

Thanks!
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2013 23:40 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Re: Massive table edition
Hi,

This is a good idea, but not sure it is possible to implement.

I already thought about updating directly in the list : technically, it's a real mess :(
About idea to copy / paste directly in the list, in most cases it will not be possible, as some mandatory fields may not be displayed in the list (for instance the actvity planning mode...)
The best may to copy items is to export the list and import after deleting the id ...

About massive edit, Ticket #298 is already done, ready to be deployed on V3.4.
All fiels are not taken into account yet, but functionality could be extended facing requests.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
24 Jun 2013 17:13 #3 by abelinux
Replied by abelinux on topic Re: Massive table edition

babynus wrote: I already thought about updating directly in the list : technically, it's a real mess :(

I knew there ought to be a good reason ;)

About idea to copy / paste directly in the list, in most cases it will not be possible, as some mandatory fields may not be displayed in the list (for instance the actvity planning mode...)
The best may to copy items is to export the list and import after deleting the id...

What you're saying is truth, but that would only be the case (I think) when you tried to create new records in the table (a whole new row).
I was thinking more of copy/paste fields in existing records (i.e.: filtering accordingly, and then copy/paste a whole column's values in a spreadsheet, e.g. concatenate with an extra string, and re-paste it back in Project'OrRIA.
You wouldn't be messing with mandatory fields (unless you erase a mandatory field's value, in which case a warning would be needed), only with already created fields of already created records.

But the again, you'd need to be able to update directly in the list :(

About massive edit, Ticket #298 is already done, ready to be deployed on V3.4.

Great!

All fiels are not taken into account yet, but functionality could be extended facing requests.

Eager to try it! :woohoo:

Thanks!

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.