View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Staff Holidays - Planning - ProjeQtOr

Staff Holidays - Planning

More
27 Jun 2013 18:23 #1 by Rexeh
Hello Babynus,

Are there any plans to allow holidays to be set against a resource, which would ultimately affect the planning on projects?

For example, Jamie has a task set for 26/08/2013 - 31-09/2013 and is on Holiday for 3 weeks, all other tasks are dependant on his work.

Currently, the system will assume Jamie is around, and the plan will show/allow planning to be done for the resource between those dates.

Not only that but if staffing did make their way on (on a simplistic level) the tool becomes a one stop shop. Because Staff & Project Planning are so intrinsically linked, I think this is a fair evolution.

I am by no means suggesting anything more, such as a HR management solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2013 20:39 - 27 Jun 2013 20:40 #2 by babynus

Are there any plans to allow holidays to be set against a resource, which would ultimately affect the planning on projects?

Administrative projects are done for this.
For instance, you create a project "Out duty" with project type "Administrative".
Then add activities to this project such as : "holidays", "sickness", ...

At this step, any resource can enter real work on these new tasks : no need to affect resources to the project, nor assign them to the activities.
Then, holidays are just entered as "real work" in the future.

This will forbid the planning to try and plan some work for the resource on these off days.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 20:40 by babynus.

More
27 Jun 2013 20:58 #3 by Rexeh
Replied by Rexeh on topic Re: Staff Holidays - Planning
As always, thank you for the answer!

More
10 Aug 2013 22:55 #4 by ambroise1er
Hello Babynus,

Why a so complex approach for taking in account the holidays :woohoo: ?

The holidays is a reality that cannot be "forgotten" in a tool of project mangement.
All the activities depend on presence of resources :silly: .

Isn't it possible to display :
- in the calendar, at the step of planning, the days signaled as "Holidays"
- a message like "impossible to plan this ressource because of holidays from 01/08/2013 until the 25/08/2012 "

So the manager can more easily and efficiently manage and plan the resources.

Thank you.

More
10 Aug 2013 23:41 #5 by babynus

The holidays is a reality that cannot be "forgotten" in a tool of project mangement.

They are not forgotten : administrative projects are dedicated to them ;)
... and all the others "off" days, such as sickness, training, ... :whistle:

All the activities depend on presence of resources

Yes, and I continue to think that allocating real work for off periods is the best way to manage this. :angry:

in the calendar, at the step of planning, the days signaled as "Holidays"

Not in the existing calendar as it is just a global overview of off days, for everyone.
But the idea to input the off days by just clicking on some calendar view could be an interesting improvement.
Ticket #1166 recorded.
Now, this improvement must be able to :
- select the administrative tasks corresponding to the off day
- give the possibility to select 1/2 days (or else)

a message like "impossible to plan this ressource because of holidays from 01/08/2013 until the 25/08/2012 "

I don't understand where you expect the message. :silly:
To my opinion there is no difference with a resource busy because already assigned to a task and a resource out of work. B)

regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
11 Aug 2013 14:08 #6 by ccattani
Combining this Administrative project with my suggestion for having resources assigned to different workgroups solves an inconvenient I have right with regional holidays. This way I will be able to assign a regional staff workgroup to their respective regional holidays in a more efficient way.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.