View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Make projects easily selectable in top left drop-down box - ProjeQtOr

Make projects easily selectable in top left drop-down box

More
10 Sep 2013 18:01 #1 by caccia
Hi,

In my organization there is an increasingly large number of projects/sub-projects to manage, and the projects list in the top-left menu is getting huge, making it very difficult to find the appropriate project within that long list.

Would it be possible to change the object type for this selection box to some object where we can type in the first few letters of the project we want to select ? (for example, the same object used for the "type" filter in most views)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2013 15:48 #2 by babynus

In my organization there is an increasingly large number of projects/sub-projects to manage, and the projects list in the top-left menu is getting huge, making it very difficult to find the appropriate project within that long list.

Maybe a good configuration could help !
Only admin should be able to see "all projects" and have a very big list. And while admin should not "work" on projects, it should not be an issue.

Would it be possible to change the object type for this selection box to some object where we can type in the first few letters of the project we want to select ? (for example, the same object used for the "type" filter in most views)

Hem, not so easy :(
Changing type into a filtering select will loose the Project indentation (corresponding to WBS structure) which is very important for most users.
Ticket #1186 recorded. Not sure what can be technically done.
Any idea is welcome.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
12 Sep 2013 11:59 #3 by caccia
1) Yes, I admit, it is mainly for admin - meaning myself... :blush:
Managers are restricted to their own projects, as you suggest.

2) Hmm, ok, I understand the problem of losing the WBS indentation... I guess we'll see, if by any chance I have a great idea some day I'll be sure to contribute it!

More
12 Sep 2013 13:11 #4 by mamath
hello,

I have the same issue, i manage a services center, and had 50 to 80 project in same time. most of project manager view only 10 project, but me and project director is more difficult.

I have a proposition, the use case could be :
I arrived on today screen with no project selection
I click on project in the menu, and find the right one
I select the finding project
And on the detail form, i can click on a button (or another object); and this button set the top filter combo.
And now i can navigate on all object for the project !!

you understood ?

Regards

More
12 Sep 2013 19:17 #5 by babynus
Hi,

This way is not very fluent but will work.
I'm still looking for a more fluent solution.
Thanks anyhow for your proposale. (added as note on the ticket)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
16 Sep 2013 18:11 - 16 Sep 2013 18:11 #6 by Rexeh
Can also reflect this... probably some tidying up work could be done by me but how ours is structured:

PRODUCT 1

> CLIENT
>> Client Phase 1
>> Client Change Request 1

PRODUCT 2

> CLIENT
>> Client Phase 1
>> Client Change Request 1

PRODUCT 1 currently has about 60-70 clients (projects), most of them with phases. The entire team is affected to the PRODUCT project to ensure they can be selected on the sub projects easier.

Does mean the whole team can see the lot though.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2013 18:11 by Rexeh.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.