View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Adding a notion of "deadline" for tracking some "critical" items which not yet taken into account - ProjeQtOr

Adding a notion of "deadline" for tracking some "critical" items which not yet taken into account

More
29 Oct 2013 13:48 #1 by ambroise1er
hello Babynus ,

Object : Adding a notion of "deadline date" for tracking some items "very important" which not yet taken into account and so to have more anticipatory .

To allow more " anticipatory " and thus optimize the management and monitoring of activities , not only for the project but for others , it is useful to add a notion of " deadline date " for some elements in particular to ensure their consideration :
- Taking into account the requirements
- Taking into account ticket
- Taking into account the problems

This notion of "deadline date", complete the notion of "due date". It can detect important aspects which have not been taken into account before we get to the due date (related with the project) or before we get to a critical situation related with the contract (penalty, breach of contract, irreversible technical failures, etc..).

Example for the requirements :
Adding a "deadline date" in the definition of "requirements", in order to more effectively manage the taking into account of the requirements.
If this "deadline date" is reached, then an alert ( email, message, etc. . ) is triggered and sent to the recipients identified (the project manager, the responsible of this requirement, the requestor, the MOA, mailing list of stakeholders) . Also allow an alert based on a workflow.

This notion of " deadline date " is also to consider for the following elements :
- Actions ,
- Activities ,
- Spots,
- Tests...

Cordialy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2013 12:46 #2 by climb4fun
Hi ambroise1er,

correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't it possible to manage with "Indicators"? For Tickets, Actions, Milestones and so forth, it is already possible. For Requirements, it's currently not possible.

Regards,

Klaus

More
07 Nov 2013 18:40 #3 by babynus
I agree with Klaus.

What you expect as "deadline" is anb alert before the due date.
This is exectly what "indicators" are for.

Maybe just adding indicators to Requirement would do the job.
Any opinion ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
08 Nov 2013 14:27 #4 by climb4fun
Hi all,

if efforts is low, I would enable it for Requirements as well.

Regards,

Klaus

More
08 Nov 2013 14:50 #5 by ambroise1er
Yes, I agree

However, I have a question:
Today, these different indicators can really trigger an alert to anticipate the onset of problems ?
In other words, a pro-active risk management ...

If so, in what form?

More
08 Nov 2013 17:06 #6 by babynus
In Parameters >> Controls & Automation >> Indicators

Here you define for each element class (Ticket, Activity) and each element Type :
- the indicator type you will folow up (repect of due date, respect of validated work, ...)
- the value to trigger a reminder
- the value to trigger an alert
- the receivers of an email alert
- the receivers of an internal alert

For instance,
- For Ticket of type Anomaly / Bug
- Indicator : respect of initial due date / time
- reminder : 1 open days
- alert : 1 open hour
This will trigger a reminder 1 open day before due date, and an alert 1 open hour before due time, except if Ticket is "done" before ...
Moreover, if you define "delay for typket", the due date will be automatically calculated on creation of Ticket.

So you have a fully confiugurable pro-active alert system.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.