View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Time Recording functionality - ProjeQtOr

Time Recording functionality

More
13 Nov 2013 10:58 #1 by Christian85
Hi babynus!

First of all, projeqtor is a great tool! Thank you very much!
Although I know that projeqtor is a project management tool, I miss one functionality in each tool: Time Recording.

It would be greate if every employee can record the working time in a simple way. The recorded time could be displayed on the real-work allocation screen, so each employee can see how many hours should be booked to the projects.
With this functionality you could kill two birds with one stone - Time-Recording and project booking in one tool.

The background behind this idea is that I hate it to do my time recording in one tool and project booking in another tool. Furthermore you need to maintain two separate systems with no interface or other synchronisation. So I've to compare the recoreded times with the project working hours by hand. :(
Sorry for posting, but maybe a nice example for time recording would be www.timeometer.de.

Best regards,
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2013 12:20 #2 by babynus
hi,

But real work allocation IS time sheet booking.
Moreover, if you work on Tickets, you just have to click on start work / end work to book time automatically.
You don't have to book time minutes by minute, and get a more detailed overview of time spent.

IMO there is no interest to record start and end time.
What is interesting is the time spent, not detail minutes by minutes, and when you started and when oyu stopped.

Timeometer is a ggod tool ... if you don't use ProjeQtOr.

Regards.
Babynus

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
13 Nov 2013 14:44 - 13 Nov 2013 14:46 #3 by Christian85
Hi!

Sorry, for misunderstanding. Time recording is maybe not the best synonym for my idea - presence recording maybe fits better.
Let me give you more details. We are a handicraft company (carpentry) and not a (software)development company. Therefore we've a slightly different process:
  • I simply split up my projects in activities. In the real work allocation the employees can burn down their working hours. - So far, so good.
  • But the mayor difference is, that the employees doesn't work on tickets. Before they leave the company they simply write down (on a sheet of paper) when they came into work and when they left (like a presence recorder). In addition this kind of presence-recording (when you come and when you leave) is a legal requirement here.
  • Afterwards they've to calculate their working hours (out of the presence recording) and burn them down in projectorria.

What I wanted to say is, that a general presence-recording functionality (like the attached) would be nice.
The process could be the following:
  • Before the employees leave, they finish their presence-recording.
  • Out of the presence-recording projectorria could calculate the working hours which should be assigned to the different project-activities. Let's say employee X came on 7:30 and left at 16:30 (0:30 pause). So he/she spent 8,75 hours at work.
  • Then the do the real-work allocation in projectorria in the usual way: Employee X trys to assign the 8,75 working hours to the different (project)activities - e.g. 4 hours cutting, 3 hours grinding and so on.
  • If not all 8,75 attandance-hours were assigned to a project, a message could be displayed

The aim's would be:
  • Replace the presence-sheet and the manual calculation of working hours.
  • Attendance recording can be printed out for each month (legal requirement)
  • Report to compare the presence and the real work allocation - keyword: efficency
  • Marriage of project management and Attendance recording

Thank you for your patience.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Nov 2013 14:46 by Christian85.

More
13 Nov 2013 15:34 #4 by babynus
OK, I understand better now.
Ticket #1234 recorded.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
13 Nov 2013 16:22 #5 by Christian85
Great! I'm looking forward if this feature could be realized. :)
If you have any questions don't hasitate to contact me.

I'm convenienced, this whould be a nice feature for projectorria. - I've tested many tools, but no one has realized a #1 project management tool (as projectorria definitely is!) and a #1 presence recording functionality in one tool. :)

Best regards,
Christian

More
14 Nov 2013 13:38 #6 by climb4fun
Hi Christian,

might it be the case you use ProjeQtOr in German language. If yes, I would be more than happy to get feedback on the German translation - what is currently my duty.

Regards,

Klaus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.