View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Don't copy description and result when copying tickets - ProjeQtOr

Don't copy description and result when copying tickets

More
14 Nov 2013 18:33 #1 by caccia
Hi Babynus,

I'm still on V3.4.4 at the moment, but still finding some new evolutions to submit... :blush:

I find it rather confusing / unnecessary to copy the description and result fields when copying a ticket. Basically, I find the copy useful to prefill some generic fields (product, version, etc.), but I think each ticket should have a unique description and result.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2013 12:57 #2 by babynus
Hi,

I think each ticket should have a unique description and result

It is because you use copy to copy a ticket into a new ticket.
In ProjeQtOr, you can copy any element into any other element, for instance a Ticket into an Activity.

For instance, when a user request (recorded as a ticket) becomes an evolution : you just have to copy the ticket into an evolution. So the description, and possibly notes in the result field must also be copied.

But usre, it may be set optional to copy or not...
I recorded ticket #1235 this way.

Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
18 Nov 2013 11:24 #3 by caccia
You're right, I never actually thought about copying to a different type of element - I should keep that in mind!

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.