View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - User allocation to project should not see other organization and resources - ProjeQtOr

User allocation to project should not see other organization and resources

More
02 May 2018 09:33 #1 by ripal
Hello,

I have allocate user (Profile is Project Leader) is able to see other list of organizations and resources.

Please suggest if I am making any mistakes. Or this is bug.

Regards
Ripal Shah

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2018 11:28 - 03 May 2018 12:28 #2 by ripal
Hello,

I have made changes in Specific Access for Organization and Resource and I am getting result what I want to configure for other projects. Same type of access require for Products listing....

Also In project (While login with Project Leader profile) I am able to see other resources in Sponsors details and other customer details. Please help what to configure so that I can see only Project specific sponsors and customers.

In Controls and Automations --> Indicators --- I am able to see Other projects list, which should be hidden other then current projects while login as Project Leader.

Regards
Ripal Shah
Last edit: 03 May 2018 12:28 by ripal.

More
04 May 2018 09:06 #3 by babynus

I have made changes in Specific Access for Organization and Resource and I am getting result what I want to configure for other projects.

There is no restriction on visibility for resource and organization unless you explicitley define some in specific access rights.

ame type of access require for Products listing....

For product, it is different, as resources are not directly linked to products.
In fact project leaders have visibility on all products and will select products and / or products versions linkedto the project. This will limit list of products and versions listed on tickets and activities

Also In project (While login with Project Leader profile) I am able to see other resources in Sponsors details and other customer details. Please help what to configure so that I can see only Project specific sponsors and customers.

Sponsor is a contact, not a resource, and there is no restriction existing today on this list.

In Controls and Automations --> Indicators

"Indicatros" lists all indicators whatever the project, and should be given to Admin profile.
For project leader, we recently designed "indicators per project" that will use project selection.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Attachments:

More
04 May 2018 11:41 #4 by ripal
Hello,

I agree to your first point but it differs for industry to industry while you are managing project for different organization and different products all together.

Allowing my client's project leader, accessing this tool should not see my other client sponsor/customer list as well as other clients products listing.

Idea is to creating project leader accounts for different customers across all industries and across all projects. So Project leaders create their own Project, Products, Sponsors, Suppliers, Resources etc....

Regards
Ripal Shah

More
04 May 2018 13:31 #5 by babynus

Allowing my client's project leader, accessing this tool should not see my other client sponsor/customer list as well as other clients products listing.

That's why in most case External project leader won't have access to project object, but to items of the project only (activities, milestones, tickets,...)
For instance, I won't like customer to see whole team (allocation to project), margin, quality indicators, sub-projects, ...

And if your need it, you can hide some fields on a given screen for a given profile with our Screen Customization plugin.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.