View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - suggestion for initial configuration page - ProjeQtOr

suggestion for initial configuration page

More
08 Oct 2018 14:53 #1 by dabeegmon
Greetings

This looks to be quite an interesting project - - - thank you to the worker bees whose fruits we get to enjoy!

I am in the process of trying to set up the initial configuration and have found something that with a change, I think not large, might help others following me.

I filled out the configuration menus - - - it does take some time because it is necessary to add directories and change permissions and and (not a problem but it is not a short process).

Well - - - - 'projeqtor' has not been 'happy' with all of my answers (the fill in the blocks items).
After pressing the 'OK' button the results of the configuration appear - - - - when there is an 'error' or something isn't working the next press of the 'OK' button takes one back to the initial configuration screen but that screen is now filled, in the initial boxes as if I was using mysql. As I had just filled out everything using postgresql this results in extra steps in the subsequent steps in the attempt to achieve a configuration.

Might it be possible to have the system return to the configuration attempt rather than fully back to an initial configuration when errors are made or problems are encountered?
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Oct 2018 09:35 #2 by babynus
Hi,

I cannot reproduce your issue.
On configuration screen, I can press "OK" button as many times as I want, the parameters I entered are preserved.
Looking at conde confirms that this behavior will always occur.
I guess you hit some "back" key or "back" button of browser, nad browser led you to initial page.
There is no "reset" of your parameters on this screen...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
More
09 Oct 2018 13:05 #3 by dabeegmon

babynus wrote: Hi,

I cannot reproduce your issue.
On configuration screen, I can press "OK" button as many times as I want, the parameters I entered are preserved.
Looking at conde confirms that this behavior will always occur.
I guess you hit some "back" key or "back" button of browser, nad browser led you to initial page.
There is no "reset" of your parameters on this screen...

I have just completed another about 10 attempts at trying to complete the configuration page.
I enter the values that I want (database is postgresql - - - - that may make a difference).
When all the entries are complete the 'OK' button is used.
An error message is included in the response (mine is unable to write to blah/blah/blah.php check permissions).
I again use the 'OK' button but this time I'm taken to where (database is mysql, different time zone, currency, currency position, directory to store attachements, temp directory for reports, log file name, and parameter file name).

Every cycle attempt does this.

Is this perhaps a firefox issue?
More
09 Oct 2018 13:46 #4 by babynus
It does not seem to be a firefox issue.
I have same behavior with config on firefox : each time I click OK, i get error message with parameters preserved.

NB : I get no page refresh when I click on OK (messages are displayed using Ajax)
Do you have some page refresh ? When ?

Babynus
More
09 Oct 2018 15:13 - 10 Oct 2018 11:57 #5 by dabeegmon

babynus wrote: It does not seem to be a firefox issue.
I have same behavior with config on firefox : each time I click OK, i get error message with parameters preserved.

NB : I get no page refresh when I click on OK (messages are displayed using Ajax)
Do you have some page refresh ? When ?

I was using the 'continue' button at the bottom of the screen after doing changes to the system.
The screen then refreshes back to the original.

Am wondering if it would be possible to have the parameters entered preserved, when working on correcting errors in the configuration setup, even when the 'continue' button is used.
This would save time in the configuration correction process.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2018 11:57 by dabeegmon. Reason: Adding my updated request.
More
10 Oct 2018 12:10 #6 by babynus
Hi,

It is strange as "continue" button is not displayed if errors exist.
And this button just... continues to next screen, it does not displays the same page.

Can you please post screenshot of displayed error (not parameters ;) )

Babynus
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.