View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to manage dead waiting time - ProjeQtOr

How to manage dead waiting time

More
26 Aug 2019 14:15 #1 by clarezoe
Hi,

I wonder what the best practice is to manage the waiting time for a project. For example, I have a project that is planned for a resource to work full time until the end of August, however due to summer vacations, we can't get feedback and external work to be done by a third party developing partner. So during the waiting time the resource is working on other tasks that don't belong to any projects, such as service tasks.

This is very difficult to prodict and plan. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2019 15:35 #2 by babynus
Several solutions

1) add the "extra tasks" with higher priority

2) add a fix milestone pointing out the constraint (answers to requests), pout it at the corresponding date (where tasks can retart), add a dependencyt from this milestone to all depending tasks and replan
(this solution is best)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
27 Aug 2019 15:08 #3 by clarezoe
Thanks!

Could you please explain more specifically about the second solution? I don't really understand it. I will try to describe what I have understood. Here are the steps I understood:
1. create a fixed milestone
2. add the requested date for the expecting start date
3. add dependencies from this milestone to other tasks that resources are working on while waiting

Where should I put the milestone? Which project? or no project?

More
29 Aug 2019 16:13 #4 by babynus

1. create a fixed milestone
2. add the requested date for the expecting start date
3. add dependencies from this milestone to other tasks that resources are working on while waiting

Where should I put the milestone? Which project? or no project?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, add dependency with the task that is delayed

The milestone must be on your project : it is a constraint of your project that you must show

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.