Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Isolated module - ProjeQtOr

Isolated module

More
14 Dec 2011 11:52 #1 by Godzinho31
Isolated module was created by Godzinho31
Hello,

I wish to integrate an isolated module on the source's project with an update of some views without modify the original source code.
I don't really know how to do this.

When a new version is available, I replace the old project'or by this new version. So all old sources are deleted.

Is-it possible (and not too hard) to write a little script which integrate the specific module and modify views in the original project'or which must to be ?

Thank you in advance.

P.S : sorry for my english which is not so good, sometimes a little "franglais" :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2011 11:53 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic RE : Isolated module
Hi,
The application is not really designed in a way to be extended, but it is possible in some ways to extend functionalities.

To add new funtionalities : no issue, you just create new classes, add needed items in the Menu table, add some icons and css (see porjectorIcon.css). This will not generate conflicts with furtur versions (unless future version create new classes with same name).

Next, if you want to update existing class : the best is to overide with a new class. For instance, if you want to extend "Activity", create "MyActivity" that extends Activity, change name in the Menu talbe so that you'll reach your object, and you're in.

Worst, if you need to update some common functionality (for instance in projector.php) : you must save your changes and merge them on each new version.

Finaly, you'd probably like to add new captions : you must update lang.xls (search for translatable in the manual) => just tag your changes in the version column and save them : you'll have to paste these changes after each new version deployment.

It's a bit short for a long subject, but hope t's enought for you to work.
Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Dec 2011 13:36 #3 by Godzinho31
Replied by Godzinho31 on topic RE : Isolated module
Ok thanks for your reply.
I'm trying to follow this way and if conclusions are not good, I'll be back.
Regards.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.