View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - newbie - backward compatibility - ProjeQtOr

newbie - backward compatibility

More
24 Aug 2020 15:21 #1 by horvath
I am new to Projeqtor. A question/concern I have is what is commitment to backward compatibility regarding database structure as the application is updated/upgraded over time.

I've downloaded the latest version of Projeqtor [8.5.4] running under XAMPP for backend server. What thought has been given to ensuring backward compatibility to the database as subsequent releases consisting of new features and/or bug fixes are deployed?

As new releases come out, is Projeqtor always accompanied with a database updated utiity to fix old tables to comply w/ new functionality?

Thx in advance

Attila

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2020 18:41 #2 by babynus
Backward compatibility is unsured : migration process automatically upgrades database.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: horvath

More
27 Aug 2020 14:14 #3 by ashofphoenix
Even if I don't have any problems until now with projeqtor upgrade,
Before any of them, I backup all SQL tables, and backup entire directory of Projeqtor so that I can regen exact N-1 version . Just a habit that took less than 5min ;)

More
27 Aug 2020 14:49 #4 by horvath
ashofphoenix

What tools do you use to back up?

xampp's mysql export/import but that failed.

The only thing I've used in past w/ 100% success is SubVersioN.

Thx

More
31 Aug 2020 09:28 #5 by ashofphoenix
MySql WorkBench Suite

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.