View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Top-down Resource Allocation to Projects without Activities - ProjeQtOr

Top-down Resource Allocation to Projects without Activities

More
29 Sep 2020 20:08 #1 by Ogma
I'm trying to use Projeqtor to calculate resource allocation; the software isn't working the way I think it should. I want to understand how many projects a given Resource is assigned to, and whether they are over-allocated.
What I did:
I've added a Project, and added some Resources, then assigned Resources to Projects under the Project "Allocations to Projects" and add a % allocation to project.
Now I want to see how Resources are used and whether over-allocated, so I go to Follow-up-->Resource Planning. It says "No data to display."
I ran another report that queried Resource names against Projects, all the Resource names were blank.
What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2020 09:20 - 01 Oct 2020 09:24 #2 by alainforma
Hi
Thank you to use Projeqtor. It will be great for you.
i think you have to spend some time to read the friendly manual pressing f1 or following the started guide before going through projeqtor.
If it is not sufficient, one of our professional service is to traine firms to use Projeqtor as weel as possible depending on your specials needs
Let's remind that Projeqtor is a dynamic tool multi resources and multi projects considering the whole scope of projects planifying resources depending on constraints and workload you give. Yes it is not so simple as " i want make this resource work here and here at that date". The software maximizes calculations depending on all data you provide and set level to it.

Please to help you after your readings . Eventually ;-)

Regards.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2020 09:24 by alainforma.

More
01 Oct 2020 15:17 #3 by Ogma
I've read the manual, added projects, added activities. Assigned resources to both. When I look at resources attached to projects, the names are blank...
Attachments:

More
01 Oct 2020 16:23 #4 by alainforma
Yes it is weird.
Investigating...

More
01 Oct 2020 21:39 #5 by Ogma
Here's the local setup. I don't see anything off but was wondering if it's a configuration issue:
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2020 15:52 #6 by babynus
Can you please show screenshot of you resource screen ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.