View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Showing expected effort at Completion - ProjeQtOr

Showing expected effort at Completion

More
15 Jul 2021 07:07 #1 by navver1990
Hi,
Is there a provision to show expected effort at completion(in man days) if so that it schedule variance 
Suppose I have planned work for 2 months with effort for 40 man days.Till one and half month only 10 man days work has 
happened.So can the ProjeQtor show expected finish date based on the rate at which effort is going on.Can it give expected
finish date(it can be beyond planned date also) and expected man days at completion.

Thanks,
Naveen 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2021 09:11 #2 by alainforma
Hello,

It is exactly what Projeqtor is made for.

More
15 Jul 2021 10:31 #3 by navver1990
That is now what i meant.What my query was,Can the projeQtOr calculate future expected completion date and expected man power required based on the current rate of progress on the project(according to which the said activity is not going to complete with in planned dates).This is required for calculation of schedule/effort variance for my project management.

More
15 Jul 2021 11:44 - 15 Jul 2021 11:48 #4 by alainforma
To my knowledge no software does this:
On what basis, which option selected will the software use among the dozens of choices? Human decision is always required.
By the way, Projeqtor offers environments of simulation to estimate the impact of each of your leads.
Otherwise with the help of several reports you can estimate the missing number of ETPs for a fixed date. This is only an estimate at a time T since the perimeter of the projects is shifting;
Last edit: 15 Jul 2021 11:48 by alainforma.

More
16 Jul 2021 10:37 #5 by babynus
Hi,
In addintion to Alainformas's anwser, this is not possible in projector, and possibly not possible in any software.
Mostly because this is not the reallity. It is not because first month effort was 30% of expected that effort will continue this way.
And software cannot guess how effort will change. It is duty of project leader to change contraints (assignment rate, allocation rate) to fit the team's rate.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.