View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Support and short term planning - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Support and short term planning

More
01 Feb 2022 10:03 #1 by cmarti
Hi all,

I have 2 kind of support on my products. The first level is dealt by our support engineers and they have a part of their work time dedicated to that.
We enter tickets for each item, and link them to the different category of support (from customer or from production).

The second level is for the more tricky issues and that have to involve the R&D team, and this is where I'm having some troubles.
Those issues (also set as tickets) are quite rare (which is good for us ) and no time is forecast by default.

How can I enter the estimated effort so that it is reflected on the global timing and that the impact on the on-going project can be seen?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2022 09:08 #2 by babynus
Enter estimate work on the ticket.
Possibly you can link it to a planning activity, then you'll have summary for tickets on this activity

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
04 Feb 2022 15:08 - 07 Feb 2022 14:28 #3 by cmarti
Thank you for the reply.
I was wondering however how to split the effort in between different resources and not have a global pot for resolving the ticket.
Do I have on the activity assignment to update the left work for each involved resource?
BTW, as it is not so often, it could be a solution - not the preferred one, but however acceptable

Regards
Last edit: 07 Feb 2022 14:28 by cmarti.

More
12 Feb 2022 12:24 #4 by babynus
Yes, if treatment of a ticket is complex and must be precisely planned amongst several resources, then possiblde the ticket is an activity.
We're working on a "sponsored" evolution for V9.5 : you be able to define that for a specific ticket type (for instance complex requests) when the ticket move to a defined status,, it is duplicated into an activity and Ticket is then Synchronized with the activiity : if one moves status, the other also moves...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
14 Feb 2022 08:00 #5 by cmarti
That would be a great improvement for some of our guys that are often copying tickets into activities.
Thank you.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.