View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Budget estimation and follow-up - ProjeQtOr

Budget estimation and follow-up

More
11 Feb 2022 14:50 #1 by cmarti
Dear all,

I'm preparing documents for a project and I'm facing an issue - probably due to my lack of knowledge of the tool.
I would like to assign "Material" type resources for:
  • Lab hour usage - I do suppose that this is the same as any human resource
  • One shot usage resource - like manufacturing of the prototype, that happen one or two times in the project.
With this information I need to create a cash-flow graph within the project timeline.

How am I able to insert the "shot" usage? Do I have to insert it as 1 day "work" assignment or is there a smarter way? (On MS-Project there is a kind of resource that allow such one-shot usage)

Then once the project is living, how do I insert the costs used for those material costs and therefore calculate what remains to be spent on the project?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2022 17:38 #2 by babynus
Hi,

You have to manage materials like human resources.
If it is used 2 times in the project, you plan 2 days.
To manage costs, you enter daily cost for the resource.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
14 Feb 2022 08:07 #3 by cmarti
Even if, coming from MS Project, the idea is not the most obvious, it is clearly a simple way to have the cost integrated correctly on the whole project.

So for having a cash-flow information on all but human resources, I suppose I can use the "Resource cost per month" report on a team or organization that will filter those resources.
or
Is there other reports to have the cash-out forecast?
And in this case how should I integrate external resources - consulting, ...?

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.