View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Access rights to users - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Access rights to users

More
09 May 2022 14:42 #7 by pantunes
Replied by pantunes on topic Access rights to users
Hi,

Yes, my users have this profile associated with them.
Thank you for your support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2022 22:05 #8 by pantunes
Hi all,

I've been going through this again and now using the Manager+ access mode this user is able to update everything in the meetings. The thing is: as this access mode relates to all projects the user is now able to see all meeting related to all projects even the ones the user is not assigned to. I changed the access mode to Manager which has the same permissions as the Manager+ except that they relate to "own projects" and the issue remains (i.e. the user can create meetings and edit everything in the meetings he creates but can't update the meetings (agenda, minutes, etc) in the meetings not created by him).
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for your help!

More
03 Jun 2022 10:26 - 03 Jun 2022 10:26 #9 by Arkhanje
Replied by Arkhanje on topic Access rights to users
Question may be a bit silly... but is the resource that must update the meeting allocated with the correct profile on the project that contains the meeting?
Last edit: 03 Jun 2022 10:26 by Arkhanje.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pantunes

More
08 Jun 2022 08:47 #10 by pantunes
Hi,
The resource is stated as a project member in the project's profile. In the meeting I created the function of this resource is analyst. Yesterday I tested the button to create a new meeting using the credentials of this user. Even though the button is active and allows to access the screen for creating a new meeting the user was not able to select the project that this meeting was associated with. So basically the user was not able to create meetings to the projects where she is allocated with.
The profile I created for this user has "manager" as an access mode to the meetings. This means that she should be able to update, create, read and delete elements of own projects. She is able to read but nothing else.
I suppose I must be doing something wrong with her profile that must be very basic so I'm sorry for the time I'm taking you.
Thank you in advance.

More
08 Jun 2022 09:31 #11 by Arkhanje
Replied by Arkhanje on topic Access rights to users

The resource is listed as a project member in the project profile.

You have to know which profile and where exactly... In a previous post and on your capture, you say that your resource has a default profile "users for working on projects"
On the project you say she's... a team member? Member of the project, for us, it's just that she was allocated to the project, it does not give her exact profile.
Post the screenshot of this project's assignment board and the screenshot of the resource in question.

If his default profile is "users for working on project" but the resource has a lower profile on the project, as a team member, then his rights on this project will be different from those of his default profile.

By the way, the function is not used for assigning rights but is used for costs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pantunes

More
10 Jun 2022 15:59 #12 by pantunes
Hi,
Thank you for your patience and sorry if I misled you but I was trying to explain the context as best as I could.
This user has a profile named [users for working in projects] (please see screenshot 1 and screenshot 2). I want this user to only see and update information on the tasks associated with projects for which the user is a resource. I don't want this user to see information on the project tab as it contains financial information and other sensitive information. Along with updating/editing tasks I want this user to be able to create/update/read meetings in the specific projects he is associated with.
Screenshots 3 and 4 show the access modes and how this profile is configured to access to data.
The thing is when I allocate this user as a resource to the project, the profile doesn't list the [users for working in projects] profile I created (please see Screenshot 5). So what I've been doing is choosing the profile "Project Member" when allocating the user as a resource though when I check the main profile in the users tab the one associated with is [users for working in projects]. 
I must be doing something wrong because I suppose I should be able to see the option [users for working in projects] when I want to select a profile to the user as a resource (Screenshot 5).
Thank you for your patience with this.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.