ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Resource Groups - ProjeQtOr

Resource Groups

More
09 Nov 2022 18:16 #1 by iangoing
Resource Groups was created by iangoing
If I assign a Resource to a Project (100%) and add a Resource Group (with the same resource in it) to the same project (again at 100%), the planning takes care not to over allocate a resource to Activities - which is a really neat and useful feature. However, if I add the same Resource to another Resource Group, I get an error "Cannot assign a resource more than 100% across all Pools". I am hoping that I misunderstand the meaning of the rate % in the Resource Group - I thought this is the same as the rate % for the Resource.  I don't understand why I can have a Resource as an individual and in a group - and planning takes care of it, but not in multiple groups.

This is important for me because in a project with few resources at the start, it is better to use resource groups - because sometimes the same resource may temporarily cover multiple roles. Having each role as a resource group helps when additional resources become available - I just add them to the resource group at 100%, and either remove or reduce %to 0 the resource that was covering the role. I don't want or know the % the resource will cover each group - I want the planning to allocate as it would if I had added the resource to each activity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2022 15:06 #2 by Arkhanje
Replied by Arkhanje on topic Resource Groups
Hello,

the percentage of assignments to resource pools correspond to the percentage of the FTE of the resource that will be used for the planning of this pool.
If a resource has 1 FTE - Assigned 100% to the pool then I use its 1 ETP but if I only put 50% I would only use 0.5 ETP for this resource in my planning.

The project allocation rate affects the resource's weekly time.
If her schedule is 5 days/week then if she is 50% assigned she can only be scheduled 2.5 days a week.

And finally the percentage of the assignments influences the daily planning and the ETP.
If a resource has 1 ETP - Assigned 100% on the activity then the planning can go up to its 1 ETP / day but if I only put 50% the daily planning will never exceed 0.5

do not hesitate to take a look at the manual!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.