View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Planning project with fix time estimate and end date - ProjeQtOr

Planning project with fix time estimate and end date

More
13 Dec 2022 22:13 #1 by MocniMax
Hi.

I am struggling with correct definition of our project I am importing to ProjeQtOr.
If they are not a bug solving projects, all our projects are defined in similar way - all have fixed effort estimate and fixed end date.
Assigned resources always have more than one overlapping projects active with not defined start dates but end dates.

Up to now I was not able to define project in correct way so they are planned with preserving both fixed values, the effort estimate  and the end date. What ever I do, change or select, at least one of those values is changed. In most of the cases, when I change project parameter, its recalculation change planned effort estimate from defined one to much higher one covering whole period from start date to planned end date.

I know I am doing something wrong, our project definitions are nothing new and strange but am unable to find what is that :( .
Any suggestion and tip is very welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2022 16:44 #2 by babynus
You must play with planning modes...
Have a look at user manual for more explanation, or consider some training session.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Dec 2022 21:57 #3 by MocniMax
Yes, I would gladly attend a training session and I am waiting for some of them in English.

More
16 Dec 2022 13:58 #4 by babynus
We'll plan sessions in english on Q1 2023.
Check our website from time to time.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: MocniMax

More
16 Dec 2022 14:49 #5 by MocniMax
Super, will try not to miss it :).

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.