View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - How to manage the organisation change of one ressource - ProjeQtOr

How to manage the organisation change of one ressource

More
16 Jan 2023 09:25 #1 by hervec
Hello,

I would like to know how to manage an organization chage of one ressource, without creating another ressource in his new organisation.
Is there a way ?
Indeed, if I need doing that because if I keep the same ressource, all old imputations are moving to the new organization.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2023 09:37 #2 by babynus
Changing organization of a resource is easy.
What you expect is changing organization but keep work record summed up on the old while new record will be added to the new.
This is not possible.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
16 Jan 2023 13:46 #3 by hervec
Indeed, the feature would be to add a start and end date to the organisation field and the possibility to add several organisation rows per employee.

Thanks for your answer.

More
17 Jan 2023 14:39 #4 by babynus
Change of the model is then quite heavy.
Change a 1-to-many to many-to-many relation...
I mean actually an Organyzation can have several resources, but a resource can have one and only one organization.
In the model you need, an Organyzation can have several resources, but a resource can alos have several organizations.
This requires new table in the model, and change all features linked to Organizations.
Moreover, whet you expect is an history, so that each work input is attached to a dedicated Organization. 
All this is not simple, and I'm not sure we'll develop it one day unless someone sonsors the evolution.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.