View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Material Resource - Access to calendar et timesheet/work - ProjeQtOr

Material Resource - Access to calendar et timesheet/work

More
27 Jul 2023 14:03 #1 by Cédric Dommanget
Hello,

We have just upgraded to version 10.4.2 and we have started to use the Material Resources. It's a great addition but we have a couple of questions.

Calendar: When a material resource is created, a calendar is automatically assigned to it. How can we change it?
The calendar is located in the “Other” tab (Divers in french) according to the screen customization plugin. This tab is hidden by default. But when I uncheck the "hide" option, the tab stays hidden. We are using the v6.6 of the plugin.
I should also mention that the following message is displayed when we open the screen customization for the Material Resources:

Certaines customisations d'écran ne sont pas cohérentes :
- Ressources Matérielles
Veuillez accéder à chacun de ces écrans sur le plugin de customisation (la version 6.3 ou supérieure est requise)

Work and Timesheet: We haven’t figured out how to reduce the work left for the material resource.
For example, if a human resource and a material resource are assigned to an activity, the work left for the material resource does not decrease when the human resource registers some real work in its timesheet, even if it's linked to material resource.

Thanks for your help
Cedric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2023 17:58 #2 by babynus
Hi,
Calendar is not a field that can be managed for Matrial Resource.
The issue you face in the plugin is fixed on V10.4.3

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
28 Jul 2023 18:00 #3 by babynus
Hi,
In fact there is no way to enter really used and left on MAterial Resource.
We have a ticket on the subject (#6549).

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cédric Dommanget

More
01 Aug 2023 11:06 #4 by Cédric Dommanget
Hello Babynus,

Thank you for your replies.

I'm looking forward to having a way to automatically reduce the work left on a material resource. 
I imagine that changing the work left when the linked human resource enters real work could be a solution. However, in that case, it would be great to be able to link multiple human resources to a material resource (including a pool) and to select which resource must be assigned to an activity alongside the material instead of having all linked resources automatically assigned.

Regarding the calendar, I'm not sur to understand your answer. Will we be able to change the calendar in 10.4.3? 
I hope we will because the calendar is automatically selected when a new material resource is created. The software selects the first in the list. This caused us some troubles because the first calendar was for resources at 80% (4d/week). I had to change the name of the default calendar (5d/week) to place it at the top of the calendar list and recreate the material resource.
For some material resources, we need a 7d/week calendar. For now, the only week possible is to create a human resource, change the calendar and then transform it into a material resource.

Best regards
Cedric

More
14 Aug 2023 17:25 #5 by babynus

Regarding the calendar, I'm not sur to understand your answer. Will we be able to change the calendar in 10.4.3? 

No, it is the issue on the plugin that will be fixed

The calendar is located in the “Other” tab (Divers in french) according to the screen customization plugin. This tab is hidden by default. But when I uncheck the "hide" option, the tab stays hidden. 

Babynus

More
14 Aug 2023 18:01 #6 by babynus
Calendar will be available on Material Resource on V10.4.4

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cédric Dommanget

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.