View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - V10.4.3 One day of gap in planning when begin Milestone status is done - ProjeQtOr

V10.4.3 One day of gap in planning when begin Milestone status is done

More
29 Sep 2023 20:41 #1 by Chris33240
Hello,
I'm a new user of projeQtor. Thank's you for your very good work.

I suppose it is the same behavior in V11 but i haven't tested.
I have a fixed Milestone that represent begin of Project with validated date of 29/09/2023 (for example). Also, i have a first activity with dependencie with that Milestone.
When Status of that Milestone is not 'done' the date planified of that activity is the same as Milestone (29/09/2023).
When status of that Milestone is 'done' the date planified of that activity (and all dependent activities) change by one day (for example : 30/09/2023).

Why dates of activities is changing when Milestone status is changed ? is it a normal behavior or a bug ?

Thanks you for your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2023 09:02 #2 by babynus
Hi,
I thought it was due to real date of milestone set to one day later.
But I tested I could reproduce.
It seems to be an issue.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris33240

More
03 Oct 2023 18:27 #3 by Chris33240
Ho, thanks you babynus ! i'm very satisfied with this answer.
I feared that my remark was incomplete or imprecise or would go unnoticed but it's not the case.

So i hope that it is in good hand....:)

Also, if i can make another remark, i have notice that the calcul of load distribution in planning is imprecise when a ressource is planified on 2 consecutives activities with partial loads and not full days. (for example : Ressource A work 2.5j on activity1 and next A work 1.5j on activity2). In this situation ressource A is plannified in total of 5j while his load is 4j (2.5+1.5).

it is not a critical issue for me but i have notice this behavior and can you noticed that also ?

Thanks you very much for your work, for projeQtor and for taking the time to respond to everyone.

More
06 Oct 2023 15:10 #4 by babynus

Ressource A work 2.5j on activity1 and next A work 1.5j on activity2). In this situation ressource A is plannified in total of 5j while his load is 4j (2.5+1.5).

No, if you define work (2.5 + 1.5) then planned is 4.0
First task will be 3 days long and second 2 days long, do duration may be 5 days.
But dont mismatch Work and Duration.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris33240

More
07 Oct 2023 20:56 #5 by Chris33240
Ok, i see...
I had simply settled Assigned fields to check how ProjeQtor works.
if I don't make a mistake, i think Assigned values is assimiled as work instead duration so i dont undersatnd why planning is calculed like that but perhaps it's up to me to more undersatnd this behavior and deal with it. But thinking about it more, it's probably a good thing.
I didn't do any more testing, but i keep in mind that all works of several ressources on one activitiy is surrounded by full day to avoid partial day.

I hope I don't say too much mistakes.

In all cases, i have conquered by projeQtor, it is a very good saftware. Thanks for All.

More
10 Oct 2023 18:23 #6 by Chris33240
Thanks you very much for patch v11.0.1. Changing Milestone statut seems to work very good !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plucks

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.