View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Settings profils for 'Generation of alerts if real work is not entered'. - ProjeQtOr

Settings profils for 'Generation of alerts if real work is not entered'.

More
21 Oct 2023 08:43 - 21 Oct 2023 09:13 #1 by Chris33240
Hello, Sorry but i  have a new question :
First of all, i would like to know if it is better to write ProjeQtOr functions or menus in English or in French in this Forum because i have a French installation of ProjeQtOr.

My question :
For settings in section 'Global parameters/Automation/Generation of alerts if real work is not entered'.
I see there is a checkbox 'Is ressource' for each user so it's easy to know who is a ressource but in the case i create my own profil like 'My_Project_Leader' for exemple i don't see this new profil in the section describe upper so i don't know how to setting users with this profil for this notification feature.

EDIT : Also i see there is two menus 'Event notification' and 'Event notification per project'. I thought this could be the start of an aswer but in fact ther is also the same question for this features. Who is 'Project Leader', who is 'Project manager' and so on, specialy in case we are creating new profils (like describe upper again).

Thanks for all.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2023 09:13 by Chris33240.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2023 18:26 #2 by babynus

First of all, i would like to know if it is better to write ProjeQtOr functions or menus in English or in French in this Forum because i have a French installation of ProjeQtOr.

=> always write in english
Don't bother if your translation is not exact (Google is your friend but not always accurate in technical context) we will understand ;)

For settings in section 'Global parameters/Automation/Generation of alerts if real work is not entered'.
I see there is a checkbox 'Is ressource' for each user so it's easy to know who is a ressource but in the case i create my own profil like 'My_Project_Leader' for exemple i don't see this new profil in the section describe upper so i don't know how to setting users with this profil for this notification feature.

Being a Resource has nothing to bother with Profile.
User (personn you can connect) can be a resource (personn who is assigned to an activity) or not. No matter the profile.
The notification will only take into accound acces to screen Timesheet.
So resource who does not have access to Timesheet will never receive these alerts.

Also i see there is two menus 'Event notification' and 'Event notification per project'. I thought this could be the start of an aswer but in fact ther is also the same question for this features. Who is 'Project Leader', who is 'Project manager' and so on, specialy in case we are creating new profils (like describe upper again).

This has absolutely nothing to do with previous subject.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
23 Oct 2023 20:06 - 23 Oct 2023 20:08 #3 by Chris33240
Tank you very much babynus, but there are not only 'ressource' in 'Global parameters/Automation/Generation of alerts if real work is not entered', there is also 'Project Leader', 'Team manager' and 'Organization manager'.

For exemple i have only 'manager' in Project detail, not 'Project Leader' not 'Team manager' so i think i dont, know how to find them, on witch pages on witch menus....?

Can you tell me where are these 3 people defined ?

Thanks you for your patience.

Last edit: 23 Oct 2023 20:08 by Chris33240.

More
25 Oct 2023 19:10 #4 by babynus
Project Leader is the resource allocated to the project with Profile 'Project Leader' (profile that has code PL)
So mail will be send to all project leaders of projects the reousource is allocated to.

Team manager is the manager of the Team (obejct Team) the resource belongs to.

Babynus

More
26 Oct 2023 06:46 - 26 Oct 2023 06:55 #5 by Chris33240
OK thanks babynus,

So if i understand, profile codes also control some software behavior and we have codes ADM, SUP, PL, TM, EPL, ETM, and G for that.

Can we create more than one profil with the same code ?

To test, I have created un second profile with PL code and this code is accepted but it becomes no-éditable, obviously this behaviour seems to be specific to PL code. It is not easy i think because if we want to change, we must delete and completely redo the profile with all others privilége reseted. Can you correct me on this point eventualy ?

Last edit: 26 Oct 2023 06:55 by Chris33240.

More
26 Oct 2023 09:52 #6 by babynus
Only specific codes are :
ADM : users with profile with code ADM are administrators (used for migration, when application is closed, ...)
PL : resource allocated to a project with a profile with code PL is concidered as Project Leader of the project (used for alerts, sending emails, ...). You can have severa projects on same project...

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris33240

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.